IOA Touring Advice | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Touring Advice

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

lmv

Mar 21, 2010
I only have one day at IOA and I wanted to maximize my time. Is WWOHP still really busy? When is the best time to go to WWOHP? First thing in the morning? Thanks in advance!

Either first thing in the morning, or towards park closing. Since it's still the summer time, expect some good crowds.

I'm actually going mid September on a Wednesday, so I am hoping that the crowds aren't too bad. Where do you suggest going after WWOHP? Jurassic park? Or back tracking to the Marvel area? I only have one day to do both parks, so I want to minimize my time waiting in line.

I'm actually going mid September on a Wednesday, so I am hoping that the crowds aren't too bad. Where do you suggest going after WWOHP? Jurassic park? Or back tracking to the Marvel area? I only have one day to do both parks, so I want to minimize my time waiting in line.

Well since it's a September visit, the park is open to your free reign.

I always recommend a full day in each park. Not because you cant "do it all" in one day, but youre not in a relaxed mood if youre trying to get it all done in the few hours you have. If you cant spend the extra day, spend the extra on express!

I always recommend a full day in each park. Not because you cant "do it all" in one day, but youre not in a relaxed mood if youre trying to get it all done in the few hours you have. If you cant spend the extra day, spend the extra on express!

It's September though. :lol:

I usually head from Marvel first but it's up to you I suppose. When we go in early June we are at WWOHP at about 11am and it can be busy, (single rider queue FTW on forbidden journey) and just queue for Dragons and then onto seuss. But if it's your first time probably best to head to wwohp first and make your way to Jurassic Park and back round :thumbs:

I like the WWOHP better at night. But if you're someone who wants to see the details (which I wouldn't get since I'm not a fan :lol:), I'd go there earlier in the day.

Also ride Hulk and Dr. Doom at night.

This actually isn't my first visit. I have been to IOA and US many times before. Last time I was there was just before WWOHP opened officially, but we managed to get into a sneak preview. I don't want to have to buy an express pass if it isn't going to be crowded. I think we will probably do WWOHP first, then backtrack to the Marvel area. Thanks for your help!

This actually isn't my first visit. I have been to IOA and US many times before. Last time I was there was just before WWOHP opened officially, but we managed to get into a sneak preview. I don't want to have to buy an express pass if it isn't going to be crowded. I think we will probably do WWOHP first, then backtrack to the Marvel area. Thanks for your help!

Definitely look into doing single riders on FJ, the last couple times I have been on it I waited only 5-10min and that's with the line being 75min long. Also I don't know if you have already done it but after you ride go to the front where the entrance to singles is and ask to take a castle tour. IMO the Hall of Portraits is way better and there is usually nobody else in there, plus you get to take all the time you want in Dumbledores Office and the DADA classroom.

Definitely spend some time (since you'll have it in abundance) looking at places you would normally never visit. I can assure you that every single land has details that are worth spending some time looking at, and if you want to look around in the restaurants as well, no one will object.

Sorry to bring back this topic, but I just heard that Universal extended it's hours the week I was planning to go with exception of the Wednesday (the day I was planning on going).

In terms of crowds, would there be a big difference between Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday in mid September?

Thanks in advance!