Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
By keeping the Gwazi name they don't have to re-name the courtyard area (which is called Gwazi Courtyard for all festivals and events). Plus, shops, kiddie rides, and even games are branded with Gwazi. Smart.

We were all calling it Gwazi replacement anyway, this makes it easy. Aaaand, since they're using some of the wood supports from Gwazi, I think it's sweet of them to keep the name.

By keeping the Gwazi name they don't have to re-name the courtyard area (which is called Gwazi Courtyard for all festivals and events). Plus, shops, kiddie rides, and even games are branded with Gwazi. Smart.

We were all calling it Gwazi replacement anyway, this makes it easy. Aaaand, since they're using some of the wood supports from Gwazi, I think it's sweet of them to keep the name.
I dont mind them keeping gwazi in the ride somewhere. But still “iron gwazi” is what they came up with.

Id say about 9/10 people i asked today whether or not they liked the name shook their head and said “No, not really”

Im still not understanding how the Lion hill is going to be a cutback inversion. Can somebody show me evidence of this?

Nevermind I see it now :)

Last edited:
Im still not understanding how the Lion hill is going to be a cutback inversion. Can somebody show me evidence of this?

Nevermind I see it now :)

Heres a photo i took while on the tour. This angle really helps get this element into perspective

Attachments

• D49A5465-E64D-486D-9228-024B9A07DEE4.jpeg
    D49A5465-E64D-486D-9228-024B9A07DEE4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
What’s funny is that their crappy concept art for the ride does stuff that the actual ride doesn’t do. They had years to plan this day and they really phoned it in.

Seriously? Iron Gwazi!? That sounds like a placeholder name for a ride at Cedar Point :lol: And how does iron, or Gwazi (a mythical liger), or Morocco have anything to do with crocodiles, aside from the fact that there are some crocodiles in Morocco? Oh well. As long as there's any attempt at a theme it'll be an improvement over Tigris.

Also, does anyone else find it kind of strange how they're almost trying to market this as a family-oriented ride because of the low height requirement, even though it'll be the state's tallest and fastest roller coaster? Like, I didn't realize there were that many 8-year-olds clamoring for something more intense than SheiKra and Mako...

Reactions: Dhdhddh
If SteVe is anything to go off of, I thought the ledgers were interesting on the lion lift, back when I made my bold prediction :grin:

Attachments

• 51447EEF-6D97-44B9-B4F3-0CEED1327403.jpeg
    51447EEF-6D97-44B9-B4F3-0CEED1327403.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66