Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty much anyone who does any work on a project of this scale files a Mechanic's lien when work starts. That's from major structural down to painters and landscapers. Standard procedure. That, by itself, means nothing.

When a company files a notice of commencement for a project, it guarantees them lien holders right's, it's exactly what it sounds like. If a contractor was afraid they're not going to be paid they file a lien. When a company goes broke the court's pay off the lein's in the order that they were filed.

These days on large projects like this the final payment isn't released until a year after the project receives a Certificate of Occupancy for warranty reasons

The fact that it was taking human passengers implies it had been signed off to some degree. I don't believe they would have allowed any human riders without it.
I'm not sure. But testing has to be done on every ride before opening, new or not. And they were testing with human riders.
The human riders were RMC employees to my knowledge. That's very common for them since they literally build their own rides. It's not like most other manufacturers who have the parks bid out for a contractor to erect it that are not directly employed by them.

As much as it sucks about a delay, the last thing that Busch want is an influx of people visiting to ride this.

Waiting until things calm down is the smart play.

As much as it sucks about a delay, the last thing that Busch want is an influx of people visiting to ride this.

Waiting until things calm down is the smart play.
That ride is the reason I actually considered getting a season pass this year. I’m sure many others have thought the same way as me...I can see why they wouldn’t want to get bum rushed by opening this ride. The crowds could get crazy!

That ride is the reason I actually considered getting a season pass this year. I’m sure many others have thought the same way as me...I can see why they wouldn’t want to get bum rushed by opening this ride. The crowds could get crazy!
They have more than enough room for a long overflow line that snakes through that outdoor concert space right next to Iron Gwazi. I just don't think they have the cash on hand to open it.

Those have been there for awhile. I was there weeks ago and they were up....I don’t know if they’re still planning on opening it soon or if this was just a preplanned advertising snafu.
My guess is if SWPE were gonna pay off any of the 2020 projects to get them open, this one would be the top priority.

And as far as crushing crowds, the parks capacity is limited anyway and there is a reservation system already in place. The only thing stopping them from opening it is they haven't paid for it yet. They will have to style up with RMC. Then RMC will have to come back and finish the testing and officially hand it over to operations.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Can this park honestly survive? Will anyone really want to buy anything after all this?

Nyoo2ak.gif

Reactions: WillQ92