Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

I think the name/logo for Iron Gwazi is the result of competing ideas that just ended up being combined into one:

"Purple track, new mythical creature"

"Let's make it crocodile themed"

"Let's honor the legacy of the previous ride by keeping the word Gwazi in the title"

Instead of settling on one idea and fully fleshing it out, we just ended up with this amalgamation of ideas that feels hastily thrown together.

But either way, it shouldn't detract from how freaking awesome this thing is going to be. I can't wait!

Certainly. The ride will be fantastic, just like how Falcons Fury is fantastic. Doesn’t mean I have to love Pantopia and it’s rainbow throwup theme either. Let’s be honest, I’m like a huge BGT nerd, but they leave a lot on the table when it comes to their capital investments. Engineers are the only ones that seem to nail it on the head. The Art and Marketing Departments do most of these rides a huge disservice in the story telling department considering how world class they actually are.

They deserve to be called out because these are gigantic capital investments and they’ve had plenty of time to get it right. I know they read these threads but it needs to be said. Your audience is much more intelligent than you give them credit for.

Last edited:
The more and more I think about it and say it out loud, the more I start to like the name Iron Gwazi. The logo however is awful you I will not change my name on that

This is the best I could come up with lmao
its so bad
View attachment 10959
I love this

I think the name/logo for Iron Gwazi is the result of competing ideas that just ended up being combined into one:

"Purple track, new mythical creature"

"Let's make it crocodile themed"

"Let's honor the legacy of the previous ride by keeping the word Gwazi in the title"

Instead of settling on one idea and fully fleshing it out, we just ended up with this amalgamation of ideas that feels hastily thrown together.

But either way, it shouldn't detract from how freaking awesome this thing is going to be. I can't wait!
Some would say a hybrid of ideas

I didn’t realise they’d changed it to a crocodile. I don’t see the point.
Gwazi was a Tiger with a lion's body...So maybe they were concerned with a clash with Tigris

Again, I feel they should have ran with the crocodile theme and called it something new

Like Mamba is the Swahili word for Crocodile...It literally could have been called that haha

The debate about the name is really pointless in the end since everyone is just gonna call it Gwazi and we're back to where we were in '99.

Uproar sounds cool, but this ride isn't themed to an animal where that title would fit. I've also always thought an RMC'd Gwazi should somehow keep the Gwazi name so i'm glad that they are.

I'm just going to leave this here.

Screenshot-2019-09-15-09-17-53.png

So I’m leaving the park now and wow at the difference a few months can make. This thing is gonna be huge, there’s more ledgers leading to the zero g roll, that’s gonna be nuts too.
There’s also a flag on the lion lift section. I forgot what that meant in RMC terms, but I know it doesn’t signify The tallest point.
It looks great in person I’m so excited!