Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Love this pic!

Iron-Gwazi-test-3.jpg

It's from the video at the link below.

The drop into those headchoppers is insane.

I found an interesting aerial time lapse of the construction that has a full test run starting at 2:30. I can't wait for this thing to open!

2 things. It seems to be higher quality if you watch it on YouTube instead of the embedded video. And they are cycling 2 trains.

Last edited:
I found an interesting aerial time lapse of the construction that has a full test run starting at 2:30. I can't wait for this thing to open!

2 things. It seems to be higher quality if you watch it on YouTube instead of the embedded video. And they are cycling 2 trains.

If we actually get to ride this thing, it might be the most satisfying coaster experience ever. For obvious reasons.

Do we think any of the SWE parks will be able to exist? Considering it seems like not many people care about BG, I doubt it would be the highest priority of parks to "save."

Last edited:
Do we think any of the SWE parks will be able to exist? Considering it seems like not many people care about BG, I doubt it would be the highest priority of parks to "save."

I wouldn't expect SWE to go out of business, but if they did, someone would quickly snatch the Busch Gardens parks up. They're two of the most acclaimed parks in the world, with some of the best theming and coaster lineups. The main SeaWorld parks are a different story.

Bold prediction: If SWE does go out of business, Herschend (the owners of Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, and the lesser known Wild Adventures) will be the one to buy up the Busch Gardens parks. Not Cedar Fair or Merlin.

I wouldn't expect SWE to go out of business, but if they did, someone would quickly snatch the Busch Gardens parks up. They're two of the most acclaimed parks in the world, with some of the best theming and coaster lineups. The main SeaWorld parks are a different story.

Bold prediction: If SWE does go out of business, Herschend (the owners of Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, and the lesser known Wild Adventures) will be the one to buy up the Busch Gardens parks. Not Cedar Fair or Merlin.
Yeah, I mentioned Hershend the other day in regards to the BG parks. I think the BG parks would be a great fit for the Hershend theme park business model.

No one wants the SeaWorld/whales problem.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mentioned Hershend the other day in regards to the BG parks. I think the BG parks would be a great fit for the Hershend theme park business model.

No one wants the SeaWorld/whales problem.

Pretty much.

Tbh, I don't think that SWE is the best possible owner for the Busch parks. It doesn't seem like they're willing to put the work in to theme the new rides or fix the underlying issues in the parks. Tigris, Iron Gwazi, and Pantheon don't have any theming whatsoever, outside of a little bit of rockwork in the Tigris queue that was left over from Tidal Wave and Pantheon's station. Both parks need dark rides badly. Both parks need a new themed area (what happened to Project Madrid? Wasn't that supposed to have a new area alongside it?). There's not a whole lot of charm in the new additions, going for bigger is better. That works, but only to an extent, and we'll start to feel the effects of that soon.

Let's be honest, why is Tigris even in the park? We already have Cheetah Hunt! They should have put a simulator or flying theater in that space, there was more than enough room for it. I'm saying this as the guy with Tigris ranked as his number one favorite coaster. It just wasn't necessary. Why are they building a S&S Screaming Swing on the Rhino Rally land? It's so far out of the way for a flat ride, there was space in Pantopia (looking at you, SBNO Phoenix) and Congo (the bumper cars) for it. Why is Phoenix still standing in the first place?! Just ugh.

Herschend would be a much better owner for the parks, just looking at what SDC and Dollywood have been doing for the past decade.