Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Iron Gwazi Weekly(ish) Aerial Update: 10/28/19 : rollercoasters

dudiq8a1gbv31.jpg

I’m still trying to understand the purpose of the area in front of the station where the lion and tiger tracks used to turn around before their lift hills. The track makes a sharp left turn out of the station toward the lift hill as if there’s going to be more track in the space in front of it, but that area looks pretty isolated from the rest of the track layout. Actually, if it’s not being used for the ride, turning that area into a “swamp”, even without any actual crocodiles, would make a great visual for people both on and off the ride.

I’m still trying to understand the purpose of the area in front of the station where the lion and tiger tracks used to turn around before their lift hills. The track makes a sharp left turn out of the station toward the lift hill as if there’s going to be more track in the space in front of it, but that area looks pretty isolated from the rest of the track layout. Actually, if it’s not being used for the ride, turning that area into a “swamp”, even without any actual crocodiles, would make a great visual for people both on and off the ride.
I am curious as well...Perhaps it is a plaza for you to be able to take pictures..

9A05A704-CADB-439E-A4F1-7BBD4B608361.jpeg 65F676A3-5003-4CBB-9348-B6A820A47DA9.jpeg
View attachment 11154
Credit: Johnny Sheffield

Anybody thinks they will put the logo in that arch where the station is? I wouldn’t mind the logo there and maybe a crocodile statue at the front where the queue starts. Maybe have the statute have it bitting off a piece of track with the name on it. Kinda like a Incredible Hulk,maybe they saved some track from the old gwazi to give it a nod to the past in a way.
Edit: here are some quick photoshops I did trying to explain what I ment (don’t judge I know it’s trash)

Last edited:
View attachment 11155 View attachment 11156
Anybody thinks they will put the logo in that arch where the station is? I wouldn’t mind the logo there and maybe a crocodile statue at the front where the queue starts. Maybe have the statute have it bitting off a piece of track with the name on it. Kinda like a Incredible Hulk,maybe they saved some track from the old gwazi to give it a nod to the past in a way.
Edit: here are some quick photoshops I did trying to explain what I ment (don’t judge I know it’s trash)
Yeah, that first picture is pretty much exactly what I imagine would go there. As for the second one, I mean, there is a giant cheetah statue in the Cheetah Hunt queue, a giant bird statue near SheiKra, and a giant snake statue in Cobra's Curse, so maybe? Wasn't there originally a giant Gwazi head(s) where that ladder-looking thing is sitting on the ground?

Maybe it will be incorporated as part of the queue line.
I was thinking the same thing. I can't remember where that pathway actually led, but I imagine it could probably be configured as part of the queue or the exit. The way I'm imagining it, if the area around that were made to look like a swamp, it would give the impression that the station was built over the water on stilts, which would actually make its bizarre architecture make sense.

It would be really cool if they had a croc or gharial exhibit in that space where the fencing currently sits. If no animal portion of the exhibit, a nice open plaza with a statue would be a perfect substitute! So far I'm a pretty big fan of the colors and new themeing they're adding to the queue, hopefully they'll continue that beyond the paint job.

It would be really cool if they had a croc or gharial exhibit in that space where the fencing currently sits. If no animal portion of the exhibit, a nice open plaza with a statue would be a perfect substitute! So far I'm a pretty big fan of the colors and new themeing they're adding to the queue, hopefully they'll continue that beyond the paint job.
Yes, missed opportunity to put gators in this spot, but whatevs