Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Exactly.

I plan on getting a season pass to Busch Gardens thanks to this ride. Haven’t had one there in five years. I know numerous friends of mine are in the same boat. Iron Gwazi has them interested enough to come back...regardless of Covid19.
They've really fixed up the park nice for Iron Gwazi, reminds me of the AB days. Excited to see them back on their A-game

So this is probably a extremely dumb question but what are the odds of them soft opening a week after opening?
I'm going to go against the grain and say that it's possible. They wouldn't want to advertise a new ride opening just after the park reopens, but soft openings are definitely possible going by the rate of testing before the shut down.
Unlikely. I don't think it's started testing again yet.
True. But then again, have any of the BGT rides started testing? I haven't heard of any.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that it's possible. They wouldn't want to advertise a new ride opening just after the park reopens, but soft openings are definitely possible going by the rate of testing before the shut down.

True. But then again, have any of the BGT rides started testing? I haven't heard of any.
They have sporadically been testing the rides while the park has been closed. They were testing Falcon's Fury the other day, and I've seen videos of Montu, Cobra's Curse and Kumba testing over the last several weeks as well in various theme park groups on Facebook.

In order to get Iron Gwazi to open, RMC needs to come back and finish their testing and hand it over to the park so they can finish up their ambassador training (I've heard they have done some, but had just started). It hasn't had any test runs since at least Friday, March 13th when RMC was sent home as they furloughed all construction projects. If they come back now, it would be at least 2 weeks to finish up (as that's about how much time they had based on the billboard that went up around March 25th stating it was open, and quickly replaced the next day). They are not going to focus on trying to open it until they get a handle on their new procedures with required reservations to go to the park, the social distancing, and possible under-staffing situation they may be going through due to them not having their normal summer hiring sprees (which could be going on now since they are allowed to open), and many who may have just decided to move on to other jobs. I know many of the ambassadors were not well with getting furloughed without benefits, nor the things going on in the company's boardroom who made those decisions and others. They have reduced park hours and days to help with that, and was likely a big factor in doing so (being short-staffed besides the obvious operating costs). I could realistically see the ride open by Mid-July, though it could be the end of June or early July just as easily. I don't think they will push this one back to 2021 since it's already 99% ready to go. Pantheon at BGW, on the other hand, likely will be pushed back, and likely the only one that will (and perhaps whatever was going to Water Country USA, I can't remember if they were adding anything).

I'm assuming this was a case of prioritizing their expenses (pay the critical bills first), and possibly the people who are responsible for paying those invoices being furloughed. Either way, the contractors will get their money and go on to do other projects with SWP&E in the future. This kind of stuff is not that uncommon and with the current circumstances I think it should be expected that more stories like this will emerge from other vendors and industries.

I'm assuming this was a case of prioritizing their expenses (pay the critical bills first), and possibly the people who are responsible for paying those invoices being furloughed. Either way, the contractors will get their money and go on to do other projects with SWP&E in the future. This kind of stuff is not that uncommon and with the current circumstances I think it should be expected that more stories like this will emerge from other vendors and industries.

Basically they’re punting their bills. Don’t expect these rides to open for awhile y’all.

I think it was pretty much finished testing before the park closed, just like Emperor at SWSD which also has a lien now. Since those coasters tested, I'd assume they will open sooner rather than later like Pantheon and Ice Breaker which never tested/may not be complete with wiring, programming, etc.

The fact that it was taking human passengers implies it had been signed off to some degree. I don't believe they would have allowed any human riders without it.

My guess is that they were working to get it certified or something like that when Covid shut it all down. At this point, they probably have to retrain and recertify everything before opening. I would also guess that they will work out something with RMC to allow them to open the coaster and pay off the past due amount via installments or something like that. The timing of the virus hit spring break right on the head and zapped out a lot of income from existence.

Reactions: Magic-Man