Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow-- looks great (if a little short). I wonder how recently they filmed it? The infield is really muddy with standing water.

This looks like the best coaster in the world. The whole thing is big fast giant elements with sustained forces. Biggest surprises for me are 1. the outside banked hill pacing, 2. The turn after the deathroll definitely has airtime, and 3. The last hill looks a lot like that surprising rolling thunder hill everybody loves on el toro. This coaster is a dream come true.

Last edited:
Central FL is definitely going to be ground zero for the 2021 Coaster Wars. IG vs JW:V.

For the "Theme Park Capital Of The World", Central FL has been weak in the coaster department. That is changing. Now all we need is a Giga.

2022 could also be a great year depending on what SeaWorld's plan is and how ground breaking a new B&M is if that's what they do.

Reactions: Disneyhead
This looks so awesome. it will make Tron and Guardians look weak, even though I know that the targeted ride experience is very different. Velociraptor and Gwazi are going to rule next year.

By the way, does anyone beyond myself ever wonder why they didn't fully enclose some of those sections where the superstructure wraps completely around the coaster (ex. Where the loops are?)? Maybe the structure isn't designed to handle the additional weight but I really think that would be an easier way to create tunnels at some unique points on the coaster.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
This looks so awesome. it will make Tron and Guardians look weak, even though I know that the targeted ride experience is very different. Velociraptor and Gwazi are going to rule next year.

By the way, does anyone beyond myself ever wonder why they didn't fully enclose some of those sections where the superstructure wraps completely around the coaster (ex. Where the loops are?)? Maybe the structure isn't designed to handle the additional weight but I really think that would be an easier way to create tunnels at some unique points on the coaster.

The tunnels would still need a skeleton to build onto which they’ve built anyway.

As a personal preference, I like all the beams flying past you. Adds a cheap thrill.

Reactions: SkiBum

The tunnels would still need a skeleton to build onto which they’ve built anyway.

As a personal preference, I like all the beams flying past you. Adds a cheap thrill.
Plus it wuld lose some of the insane kinetics of seeing the trains twist through these maneuvers.

Reactions: SkiBum
Central FL is definitely going to be ground zero for the 2021 Coaster Wars. IG vs JW:V.

For the "Theme Park Capital Of The World", Central FL has been weak in the coaster department. That is changing. Now all we need is a Giga.

Sadly a lot of people (primarily on Magic, but to a lesser extent here) seem to really hate large coasters—“ruining sightlines.“ To me ride variety is more important than thematic integrity (don’t get me wrong—I really love well-themed, world class dark rides too!).

Sadly a lot of people (primarily on Magic, but to a lesser extent here) seem to really hate large coasters—“ruining sightlines.“ To me ride variety is more important than thematic integrity (don’t get me wrong—I really love well-themed, world class dark rides too!).

I'm not sure I believe people actually think that, I think it's more about stirring the pot and complaining. If a sizable woodie went into Animal Kingdom, those same people would be praising it. Even parks without large coasters don't have perfect sightlines.

I'm not sure I believe people actually think that, I think it's more about stirring the pot and complaining. If a sizable woodie went into Animal Kingdom, those same people would be praising it. Even parks without large coasters don't have perfect sightlines.

I would be praising it, but you’d better believe a lot of “Pixie Dusters” would be screaming bloody murder.

Reactions: Tristan