Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WDW was neglected for so long that even after opening seven rides in the last four years (with three more on the way), the parks still don’t feel balanced and/or complete.

As such, it can be easier to lament what the new stuff isn’t doing than to enjoy it for what it is. Tron wouldn’t be so scrutinized if it wasn’t the first E-Ticket to open in MK since Splash Mountain.

If I'm being honest I wont really be thinking about Steel Vengence during this ride

I'm not so sure this is trying to be that. It's a much needed addition to Florida and Busch Garden's line up

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
WDW was neglected for so long that even after opening seven rides in the last four years (with three more on the way), the parks still don’t feel balanced and/or complete.

As such, it can be easier to lament what the new stuff isn’t doing than to enjoy it for what it is. Tron wouldn’t be so scrutinized if it wasn’t the first E-Ticket to open in MK since Splash Mountain.
Also the fact that Tron is only 60 seconds (if that), so... yeah.

Reactions: Tobias and Jones14
If I'm being honest I wont really be thinking about Steel Vengence during this ride

I'm not so sure this is trying to be that. It's a much needed addition to Florida and Busch Garden's line up

Seems like this will be more like Zadra while SV is like Untamed.

(I haven’t had the pleasure of riding an RMC yet so this is just what I’ve observed based off POVs.)

Reactions: shiekra38
It looks pretty awesome. Definately not legendary like Steel Vengeance but I'm excited for it to open.

Yeah, I know a lot of people will be comparing it (likely unfavorably) to SV but let's just be happy we got a darn RMC! Until those construction permits were filed there was doubt that the chain could even afford it.

I would be praising it, but you’d better believe a lot of “Pixie Dusters” would be screaming bloody murder.

I agree with you. The "Pixie's" would definitely be howling about sightlines and the coaster being "too thrilling and Walt wouldn't have built it." So, I'm happy that Busch Gardens has added another major thrill ride to continue strengthening an already great coaster lineup. I rode Gwazi (both sides) back in 1999 and it was fun. Hadn't deteriorated at that point. However, I always felt like it was slightly lacking. Iron Gwazi does not seem to have that problem whatsoever.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Sadly a lot of people (primarily on Magic, but to a lesser extent here) seem to really hate large coasters—“ruining sightlines.“ To me ride variety is more important than thematic integrity (don’t get me wrong—I really love well-themed, world class dark rides too!).

I would love to see what Disney or Universal could do with a park that wasn't as flat as a pancake. You look at Alton Towers with the rolling hills and they've managed to create some legendary coasters while having tight height restrictions but the crazy landscapes has allowed for big drops into the valleys.

I think it's only going to get worse while the new E tickets open. Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, Guardians of the Galaxy and Tron are going to be near impossible to ride once things start to return to normal. I under stand the slow build time but everybody flocks to the new rides and it creates a great unbalance within the parks.

I would love to see what Disney or Universal could do with a park that wasn't as flat as a pancake. You look at Alton Towers with the rolling hills and they've managed to create some legendary coasters while having tight height restrictions but the crazy landscapes has allowed for big drops into the valleys.

I think it's only going to get worse while the new E tickets open. Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, Guardians of the Galaxy and Tron are going to be near impossible to ride once things start to return to normal. I under stand the slow build time but everybody flocks to the new rides and it creates a great unbalance within the parks.

Just be grateful if they are "near impossible to ride," for that will mean the parks will have survived and are thriving. And that's what matters.

Yes. Kennywood's also like that with the hills and it sure seems like coasters have a little extra plus feeling than on the flat.

Reactions: SkiBum and Scott W.
Also the fact that Tron is only 60 seconds (if that), so... yeah.

Not to mention another park in town opened a motorbike coaster which has become a high standard for that kind of coaster. It's one thing if you're opening a coaster that no one else in town has, but when there's another one just up the highway...comparisons and scrutiny are bound to happen.

As for Iron Gwazi, it looks good! A big RMC is a big RMC, so it's bound to give a nice kick. An for me, the area getting both a RMC and a thrilling Intamin is a wonderful one-two punch right there!

Reactions: Cheezbat
Just be grateful if they are "near impossible to ride," for that will mean the parks will have survived and are thriving. And that's what matters.

They were always going to survive.

Not to mention another park in town opened a motorbike coaster which has become a high standard for that kind of coaster. It's one thing if you're opening a coaster that no one else in town has, but when there's another one just up the highway...comparisons and scrutiny are bound to happen.

As for Iron Gwazi, it looks good! A big RMC is a big RMC, so it's bound to give a nice kick. An for me, the area getting both a RMC and a thrilling Intamin is a wonderful one-two punch right there!

The crazy thing is that Tron was announced before Hagrid and could open 2or 3 years after it.

Reactions: joelbryant11

I know it has it in the name, but Hagrid is not viewed as a motorbike/motorcycle coaster. It’s effectively a normal coaster seat with two seating tiers and a slightly lower back.
TRON is closer to Manta then Hagrid, as far as seating position goes.

Reactions: Jones14 and Nick
I know it has it in the name, but Hagrid is not viewed as a motorbike/motorcycle coaster. It’s effectively a normal coaster seat with two seating tiers and a slightly lower back.
TRON is closer to Manta then Hagrid, as far as seating position goes.

An respectfully, the two coasters are still going to get compared by many.

I guess the question is, which is better, IG or JWV? And is either of them better than SV?

I'm gonna go on the record in saying JWV is going to be the winner in CentFL. IG will be an amazing coaster experience, but JWV has all the cool coaster tricks along with impressive theme work and actual show scenes.

Also SV will remain #1 in the USA.

Reactions: darkridelover