Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SWO picked literally the worst possible weekend to open Mako, when they needed a big splash from an opening far more than Uni did.

So you're saying they're planning to open whenever VC does?
215d426f6a8872e6d9c13b8f21284a84.jpg

Long shot but could they just do "soft openings" through out the year and have it open near the end of the year?
Sorry but I'm drawing at straws here.

Not much chance of that. To do softs, they'd have to have ride ops trained to run the ride working it. Not much sense paying them to be there to do that if they aren't preparing to open. They'd have to turn around and lay them off/put them on another ride when it wasn't doing softs.

Why would BGT wait until Velocicoaster is open to open Iron Gwazi? Everyone will be focused on Universal. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Like, waiting until next year or opening it up really soon makes much more sense.

Why would BGT wait until Velocicoaster is open to open Iron Gwazi? Everyone will be focused on Universal. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Like, waiting until next year or opening it up really soon makes much more sense.
If you're not in front of the hype train it will run you over

I honestly think Velocicoaster and IG are going to scratch two different itches

And let's not even mention Lightning Rod. Oops, I guess I just did.
And the other 21 RMCs are doing just fine :tease:

Last edited:
Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Didn't they open about a month apart from each other? With Mako being the first to open in June I believe?

Mako did a media preview in the morning and Kong did guest previews that afternoon. I remember, I had to help Brian edit the Mako piece when he was in Thunderfalls awaiting the preview.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Mako did a media preview in the morning and Kong did guest previews that afternoon. I remember, I had to help Brian edit the Mako piece when he was in Thunderfalls awaiting the preview.

Ah ok, now that you point that out I remember Twitter being set ablaze by that.

Seeing hopeful signs that spring break crowds will be decent this year

I could see them holding off on IG until spring break is over to try and double dip

or just copy off Universal lol

*Shakes head* Clearly they didn't learn from Mako vs Kong. When it comes to thunder, you want -all of it-, you don't wanna' split or share it with someone else. They gonna' throw in Ice Breaker's opening at the same time for giggles as well?
SeaWorld exec: Oh man this guy's good!

OK, now I'm hearing that the rumor about them soft opening IG the same day that VC soft opens to send the bloggers into a frenzy is just a joke started by the opening team TMs for IG. They must be getting bored.

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid