Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Specific? That's about as generic as it gets :lol:
Is it really though? I've seen way more vague one liners they have spat.
The fact they go and flat out say they are still testing and are doing outer theming (which for the record is BS) is interesting, trying to keep people patient and interested.

Is it really though? I've seen way more vague one liners they have spat.
The fact they go and flat out say they are still testing and are doing outer theming (which for the record is BS) is interesting, trying to keep people patient and interested.
They are still testing it, for the record lol

I really don't think they'll push it back to 2022. They'd have a passholder revolt since it's been promised for 2021, and passholders are their key demographic at this point.

Worst case they hold off opening until HOS to drive attendance once vaccines are readily available and restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid
I think once they are allowed to increase attendance, and get through the initial "the pandemic is over so we can go do things again" rush, they'll announce the opening date. I kinda think an opening during the September dead time makes sense as it helps boost attendance then and draws more people to haunt later.

I went to Busch yesterday to really get a feel for what's going on since I haven't been since before the pandemic, and I have to say that I don't see anyway IG opens until they fully reopen experiences, Skyride and All shows are closed due to Covid. Once those reopen we can get a good idea from there.

Saw the beast for the first time yesterday (at night nonetheless) and let me tell you it's a sight to behold.

Even then, wouldn't they want those to reopen those before Gwazi? It might help with there capacity problems they have been having.
Not really-- it takes less to staff IG than the Skyride. People really don't go to Busch for shows like they used to. If they open IG they get an attendance bump. If they open shows and the Skyride they don't.

And I say this as a person who loves the Skyride and the shows, it's just not a priority economically to open those.

Here is what they responded when I DMed about it.

Stated it may still open Spring 21. But keep an eye for updates.
The men upstairs one day are just gonna be like, okay, just open it up.

They don't even know when it's gonna open, I feel like it could still easily open up in Spring and they just changed it to "Anticipated 2021" as a precaution just in case things covidy wise go belly up.

Nope. Not even going to entertain that possibility. Skyride is one of the best things in the park. I'd be mad if it went.
Me too...I just know how much staff it take to run...and I get nervous

Here is what they responded when I DMed about it.

Stated it may still open Spring 21. But keep an eye for updates.
Curiouser and curiouser

I do love how personable the SW and BGT socials are...I feel like I'm getting more than a template response