Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

From the rendering, it looks like the coaster is gonna use the I-Box track as opposed to the Topper. Besides one being completely steel, are there any differences between the two?

Also, how long do these things usually take to build?

I wouldn't hold anything seen in the rendering as gospel. Alan Schilke has stated a few times the initial renderings (often NoLimits) are for selling the attraction and often vary from the final output.
This render is definitely NoLimits, which doesn't have RMC as one of the track styles. They're using one of the generic woodie styles to get the point across. With the amount of work they do in NoLimits, it has always confused me that RMC put their track in Planet Coaster and advertised SV in it.

All that said, my entire life has lead up to this moment. I cannot wait until next year. :freak:

From the rendering, it looks like the coaster is gonna use the I-Box track as opposed to the Topper. Besides one being completely steel, are there any differences between the two?

Also, how long do these things usually take to build?

Topper is what it sounds like, steel topper to a wooden track. The I Beam basically makes it a crazy mine train, in the best way possible.

And builds really depend, Steel Vengeance was well over a year due to the weather and complexity of installing the track in the middle of the support system.

Topper is what it sounds like, steel topper to a wooden track. The I Beam basically makes it a crazy mine train, in the best way possible.

And builds really depend, Steel Vengeance was well over a year due to the weather and complexity of installing the track in the middle of the support system.
Gotcha. Thanks for the insight!

This will use the Ibox track.

Topper track is still considered to be a wooden coaster (Lightning Rod, Wildfire etc) whereas Ibox track is considered to be a hybrid coaster (Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus etc).

The fact that the renderings are in no limits mean that it looks as if it is a wooden coaster, but it will be an Ibox hybrid. At IAAPA Alan Schilke stated that RMC are moving away from the topper track towards the Ibox track as much as possible.

This is a great move for BG. I don't see any of the other Central Florida parks adding anything like this, so it will be a huge draw for the local crowd who are looking for thrills. BGT really will have one of the best, most well rounded coaster collections in the US. While they aren't all the biggest of the breed, they are all some of the best and have endured while others have come and gone. The Busch parks always put quality above trying to be record breaking or first and it has served them well.

This will use the Ibox track.

Topper track is still considered to be a wooden coaster (Lightning Rod, Wildfire etc) whereas Ibox track is considered to be a hybrid coaster (Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus etc).

The fact that the renderings are in no limits mean that it looks as if it is a wooden coaster, but it will be an Ibox hybrid. At IAAPA Alan Schilke stated that RMC are moving away from the topper track towards the Ibox track as much as possible.

Oh yeah it's going to be I-Box, I reread my post and it was confusing and not clear. The "it sounds like" was in reference to the topper track being a topper to wooden track, not "nuGwazi is going to be this".

----

I had a convo with Jeremey of RCPhilosophy last night and we debated the quality based on the info we know of the coaster so far. Two points 1) this ride isn't advertising the most airtime or its length, so we're worried it'll be a shorter RMC experience than SV 2) the outstanding moment of SV is the section inside the wooden supports and it doesn't seem nuGwazi will have this.

I really thought I’d have a bit more understanding of the layout after the announcement, but I’m even more intrigued even with the picture we do have lol.
I do have a feeling this rides pace will be more like the second half of SteeVe, maybe even more relentless.

The central Florida coaster wars are back in full force. It'll be RMC Gwazi vs Raptor Rush (JP coaster) in 2020 and everybody wins.

I think I’m the only person left who still thinks the JP Coaster is a 2021 project lol

The central Florida coaster wars are back in full force. It'll be RMC Gwazi vs Raptor Rush (JP coaster) in 2020 and everybody wins.

If SeaWorld build their rumoured coaster next year then 2020 is a big coaster year for Florida followed.

Everybody is on their A game.

I think I’m the only person left who still thinks the JP Coaster is a 2021 project lol

2021 puts it at a longer build time than Hangrids.

This coaster looks like something that will revitalize the coaster thrill market in Florida. Don’t get me wrong we’ve got tons of amazing coasters here but nothing on the thrill department that’s been a wow in years.

Also BGT’s line up going forward is the most well rounded collection I can think of in terms of appeal and quality.

Grover- kiddie
Scorpion-stepping stone coaster (youth)
Sand Serpent- Family Coaster
Cobras Curse-family Coaster
Cheetah Hunt-48” Entry level big coaster
Tigris- Thrilling launch coaster
Kumba- World Class, best B&M looper ever
Montu-World Class Best Invert ever
Sheikra-Best dive coaster ever
RMC- Balls to the Wall

2021 puts it at a longer build time than Hangrids.

Sure does and don’t get me wrong all the evidence points to this being a 2020 addition I’m just being cautious. Don’t want to get those hopes up

Sure does and don’t get me wrong all the evidence points to this being a 2020 addition I’m just being cautious. Don’t want to get those hopes up

The only reason I can see for it being a 2021 addition is for Universal to push it back to help balance out the new additions or maybe compete with Disney better. With Disney opening Guardians and Tron in 2021, it allows for Universal to market their more aggressive thrilling coaster that people might be looking for.