Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

SIAP, but is anyone else worried that hurricanes might affect this coaster? I'm not quite sure why they repealed the 200 feet law, but I have my suspicions...

SIAP, but is anyone else worried that hurricanes might affect this coaster? I'm not quite sure why they repealed the 200 feet law, but I have my suspicions...
I'm sure they already thought about hurricanes long, long ago. Just like how Steel Vengeance/Mean Streak was built with tension cables to protect itself against high winds.

EDIT:
I believe these new concrete footers are for tension cables, actually.

I'm sure they already thought about hurricanes long, long ago. Just like how Steel Vengeance/Mean Streak was built with tension cables to protect itself against high winds.

EDIT:
I believe these new concrete footers are for tension cables, actually.

They will definitely make sure they can survive a hurricane given the location in Florida.

Moat coaster seem to be built from now until summer, I wonder if avoiding hurricanes are part of the timeline.

They will definitely make sure they can survive a hurricane given the location in Florida.

Moat coaster seem to be built from now until summer, I wonder if avoiding hurricanes are part of the timeline.
Well they are built now until summer so they are ready for the summer season which is when parks get their most attendance.

I'm just over here trying to figure out, what 200' law? LOL. Falcon's Fury is 335 feet and opened in 2014.

They are definitely required to make sure it will withstand a moderate hurricane at least, just as all buildings are generally required to do like this. There's a reason most of the original structure was replaced as it wasn't suitable for continued use. As long as they properly maintain the structure, there shouldn't be any issues long term in regards to storms.

As far as height, anything 200' or over must get a waiver from the FAA. If there are any other specific height limits based on ordinance, even those can get a variance to allow it to build based on jurisdiction.

Few notes.

1. The coaster enters the stall rotating counter clockwise rather than clockwise as shown in the animation
2. The tallest of the supports is about 50% up so I'm guessing the lift will be complete by sometime this week.
3. The brake run was shown above the death roll valley in the animation but clearly you'll hit the brake much lower than they show.
4. Really hoping this means that there's been some amendments to the end of the ride. This coaster really should be hitting the brake run with a bang.

Few notes.

1. The coaster enters the stall rotating counter clockwise rather than clockwise as shown in the animation
2. The tallest of the supports is about 50% up so I'm guessing the lift will be complete by sometime this week.
3. The brake run was shown above the death roll valley in the animation but clearly you'll hit the brake much lower than they show.
4. Really hoping this means that there's been some amendments to the end of the ride. This coaster really should be hitting the brake run with a bang.

The tallest lift hill support hasn't started construction yet.

Via instagram, big announcement tomorrow maybe a POV or the trains at IIAPA

Attachments

• CA9D61FD-52E4-468F-B5FB-6A0EBFA6D0E2.jpeg
    CA9D61FD-52E4-468F-B5FB-6A0EBFA6D0E2.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 31