Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Pretty much. We need to shut down, and we need the government to help us get through it.

Possibly. I would gladly be on lockdown right now if it meant universal healthcare, $2K/month checks, payroll nationalization, etc. That said, even then it's chilling how helpless we are against this without the vax, when even countries that were doing so well are now in a similar boat as us. To use a metaphor from one of my favorite attractions (really), we found the iguanodon just as the asteroid hit. All the more reason to pour as much as possible into pandemic risk reduction, have fewer kids, etc.

Last edited:
If we haven't shut down already we're not going to again. And quite frankly the states should actively disobey a shutdown order UNLESS the fed is willing to take care of us.

There is some concern that after January 20th there will be more of a push for lockdowns and restrictions, so thats probably is where some of the hesitancy is coming from. But, ultimately, that's going to be for the states to decide, so I don't think it'll happen in most places.

There is some concern that after January 20th there will be more of a push for lockdowns and restrictions, so thats probably is where some of the hesitancy is coming from. But, ultimately, that's going to be for the states to decide, so I don't think it'll happen in most places.

Don't expect people to comply if they're not willing to push through some miiiiiiighty generous aid.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd now I'm back to thinking 2022 at earliest for all these additions. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be betting on a spring-summer opening for them.

Last edited:
Drove by yesterday and got a similar view to the pics posted a bit back. This thing is going to be awesome, whenever we get to ride it. :drool:

Don't expect people to comply if they're not willing to push through some miiiiiiighty generous aid.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd now I'm back to thinking 2022 at earliest for all these additions. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be betting on a spring-summer opening for them.
Nothing to worry about, it's purely them just being careful

Another thing to consider is that the UK just shut down again and travel will be affected...some more lol

It's just a big mess in terms of planning to open massive new additions like this, they don't want to play their big hand too early

Pretty much. We need to shut down, and we need the government to help us get through it.
lol

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about, it's purely them just being careful

Another thing to consider is that the UK just shut down again and travel will be affected...some more lol

It's just a big mess in terms of planning to open massive new additions like this, they don't want to play their big hand too early

That was a real hoot the first time

I didn't know they stopped shutting down. As in I thought they'd been so for two months. I doubt Busch depends on UK visitors, like, at all.

April get here fast!

I didn't know they stopped shutting down. As in I thought they'd been so for two months. I doubt Busch depends on UK visitors, like, at all.

April get here fast!
I know they get some overflow from people seeing the beaches, going to Orlando

As far as Williamsburg, you're probably correct haha

I'm just saying they're keeping their cards close because of Covid being unpredictable

I also have no idea where they are at testing wise...I fear for BGW that Intamin hasn't fully Intamin'd yet

I know they get some overflow from people seeing the beaches, going to Orlando

As far as Williamsburg, you're probably correct haha

I'm just saying they're keeping their cards close because of Covid being unpredictable

I also have no idea where they are at testing wise...I fear for BGW that Intamin hasn't fully Intamin'd yet

The only people that come from across the country and internationally to go to Busch Gardens are hardcore coaster enthusiasts. SeaWorld USED to draw those types of visitors because of Shamu but from my understanding BGT has always been a locals' park (which is part of its charm IMO...it has such an intimate neighborhood vibe).

The only people that come from across the country and internationally to go to Busch Gardens are hardcore coaster enthusiasts. SeaWorld USED to draw those types of visitors because of Shamu but from my understanding BG has always been a locals' park (which is part of its charm IMO...it has such an intimate neighborhood vibe!)
Yes, I think IG will stimulate interest, enough for people to visit from elsewhere...Maybe not the UK

Yes, I think IG will stimulate interest, enough for people to visit from elsewhere...Maybe not the UK

Hopefully. I just haven't heard anywhere near the same talk about it that Disney and Universal's additions have gotten. Look at Theme Park Tourist's poll.

Ugh, I entered 2020 absolutely HYPED for:
1) Iron Gwazi
2) HHN 30
3) Seeing coverage of SNW's opening.
(Among...other things that are much too painful for me to talk about. Suffice to say, I really thought it was going to be a great year. :lol: )

Well, those three things may very well happen this year, along with VC and coverage of Beijing's opening. :)

The only people that come from across the country and internationally to go to Busch Gardens are hardcore coaster enthusiasts. SeaWorld USED to draw those types of visitors because of Shamu but from my understanding BGT has always been a locals' park (which is part of its charm IMO...it has such an intimate neighborhood vibe).
SeaWorld (pre-covid) still had international visitors as 1/3 of total attendance. They are mostly Latin American and UK visitors. It's slow pace and show focus makes it ideal for families with an extra day.

Im from the UK and attend both and have done since 89, but having said that most of the UK tourists are put off by the distance to BG from I drive.:)

Great to hear. Like I said on, say, TPT's polls about most anticipated attractions, NO ONE seems to care about IG. Tron this, Guardians that.