IT (2017) | Inside Universal Forums

IT (2017)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The first official trailer for the new adaptation of the Stephen King classic, IT has been released.

Are you excited to see a new version of the iconic story? What are your opinions of the casting of Pennywise? Sound down below!!

Reactions: Disneyhead
I am very interested, to see how it differs from the TV film, and to stay potentially more closer to the original material than even the TV film did.

Outside of the always incredible Tim Curry, the TV miniseries is...pretty bad. I'd also be surprised if it brought some of the stuff from the book, considering some of the...weird decisions King makes.

Outside of the always incredible Tim Curry, the TV miniseries is...pretty bad. I'd also be surprised if it brought some of the stuff from the book, considering some of the...weird decisions King makes.
What!?!? Those were some of the best actors from '70s prime time sitcoms. I mean, they were no Henry Winkler, but still.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Saw It last night. It's easily one of the best Stephen King films (It sticks pretty close to the novel) and is a new modern horror classic. Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise is a revelation. He still gets a few silly or funny moments, but is more-so feral, beastly, animalistic and terrifying. All the kids in the losers club are fantastic, with the standouts being Finn Wolfhard (as Richie Tozier), Jaeden Lieberher (as 'stuttering' Bill Denbrough), Jack Dylan Grazer (as Eddie Kaspbrak), Sophia Lillis (as Beverly Marsh), and Jeremy Ray Taylor (as Ben Hanscom). It is definitely a horror film, but there's a coming-of-age tale woven into the fabric of the film (The Losers' Club forms when each member is just starting to go through puberty). 'It' can be a bit generic or conventional at times, some parts feel a bit rushed or condensed, and some of the scares can border on being silly. That said, Andres Muschietti (director), Gary Dauberman (co-scriptwriter), Cary Fukunaga (co-scriptwriter) and Chase Palmer (co-scriptwriter) are clearly crazy about Stephen King and worked their butts off to ensure 'It' would do Stephen King's horror epic justice. 'It' is scary, 'It' is creepy, 'It' is mad entertaining, 'It' will stay with you, and if you are at all a fan of horror or Stephen King, then 'It' is a must-see. I foresee 'It' becoming very well regarded and beloved. This could be one we end up talking about for years to come, in other words: A modern horror classic. BRING ON CHAPTER 2!

4.5 Stars

Reactions: belloq87
I thought it was a good film but kinda underwhelming as it wasn't scary at all. The acting especially from the kids was great (the weakest actor was the one who played the jewish kid Stan) The show stealer for me was the kid who played Ben, the story was decent if not cheesy at times, it just lacked that tension. I never was on the edge of my seat during the film feeling horrified.

I enjoyed the hell out of this film. It isn't scary or disturbing too much, but It's a very fun ride. Between this and mother!, September has been a great month for horror.