Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IT: Chapter Two

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The Hollywood Reporter is coming in, saying that James McAvoy is in talks to play Billy, as Bill Hader is playing Richie, with Jessica Chastain locked as the character Betty, in the sequel to last year's hit horror film IT, in IT: Chapter Two.

'It 2' Casts James McAvoy and Bill Hader | Hollywood Reporter

The film would see the return of director Alex Muschietti alongside Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise the Dancing Clown, with writer Gary Dauberman returning to pen the script.

IT: Chapter Two is slated to begin production this summer, for a September 6th, 2019 release date.

What do you think? Are you liking the casting choices so-far? Are you excited to return to Derry? Comment down below!

Interestingly enough, when asked who should play his character as an adult, Finn Wolfhard suggested Hader (as Sophia Lillis did with Chastein). Jaeden Lieberher wanted Christian Bale, but 2 for 3 ain't bad.

Can't wait!!!

Even though I knew the story, the first one surprised me by being such a good movie, and I'm really excited to see them conclude it.

Really looking forward to seeing this movie. I really liked the first one, and thiss one is gonna be really creepy looking from the IT:CHAPTER 2 trailers. Also, just noticed it is slated to open on September 6th, same day HHN in Orlando opens up for us Orlando people. And NO don't think it's related to anything with HHN. Just same date opening.

Runtime confirmed as 2 hours 45 mins.

This, after Endgame, is the movie I most want to see this year.

Just got back from seeing this. Idk. Maybe I was slightly tired, but the movie's 2nd act was kinda long in the tooth and the new reclining seats at the Universal Cinemark really helped me to dose off a bit at that part. The opening and closing acts were pretty strong, but overall, this movie didn't warrant a 2 hour and 45 minute run time imo. I actually think it was about 45-60 mins too long.

Just got back from seeing this. Idk. Maybe I was slightly tired, but the movie's 2nd act was kinda long in the tooth and the new reclining seats at the Universal Cinemark really helped me to dose off a bit at that part. The opening and closing acts were pretty strong, but overall, this movie didn't warrant a 2 hour and 45 minute run time imo. I actually think it was about 45-60 mins too long.

Suspected as much. The adult section of the book is like 100 pages shorter, but they managed to make the movie half an hour longer.

Suspected as much. The adult section of the book is like 100 pages shorter, but they managed to make the movie half an hour longer.
Bill Hader was great in the movie though, i'll say that much. Hell, all of the acting was really good.

Also, he trailers that were shown for this movie were very good.That Rian Johnson movie with Daniel Craig and Chris Evans definitely piqued my interest.

Also, he trailers that were shown for this movie were very good.That Rian Johnson movie with Daniel Craig and Chris Evans definitely piqued my interest.
I felt the jokes were a little flat, but Knives Out still sparks my interest

Last edited:

Haven't seen it yet (loved the first one) but if you think IT 2 is too long you won't be interested in the Directors supercut they are putting together which is apparently 6+ hours!!!

It Supercut Runs 6+ Hours, According to Andy Muschietti – /Film

Last edited:

You’re definitely not alone on that feeling. I felt a lot of subplots of the book were pointlessly included.