Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar

Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
I didn't see any threads on Jock Lindsey's, so I decided to make one myself. This will be a thread for thoughts and reviews on Jock's. If there is already a thread dedicated to this establishment, please feel free to move my post there.

I was lucky enough to attend opening day, and have decided to post a review for you all. I arrived at Jock's around 11:30, and had to wait a good hour to get a seat (Apparently, there were 11 parties ahead of me. Count on this place being fairly popular). While I waited, I noticed 2 guests dressed as Indiana Jones. Once it was time for me to be seated, I was informed that there was only one seat at the bar inside available, but there were several available on Jack's boat: The Reggie, so naturally I chose to sit there.

On my short walk through the inside portion to get to The Reggie, I noticed that the inside is beautifully themed and is full of cool little details. The Reggie itself comes complete with a struggling generator/motor that occasionally chugs and makes generator/boat engine noises. The boat itself also occasionally billows steam, although if you are sitting on the boat you won't be able to notice this.

With a nice little menu of appetizers and a large variety of drinks both alcoholic and non, I had the freedom to theme my meal as I desired. I chose a Temple of Doom theme (my favorite Indy film) with a little sprinkling of Raiders on top. I decided to go for the Anything Goes, Lao Che's Revenge, Good Dates, and an order of Antidote after I had finished my libation (figured I'd need it for the poison I had just consumed).

Anything Goes: "Byejoe Dragon Fire Spirit, Fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice".

It's actually a fairly strong drink with a super tart, biting flavor to it. I personally wasn't crazy about it, but for those who like Asian-inspired libations, this may do the trick. For myself, I think next time I'll try the Reggie's Revenge instead.
2.5 STARS

Lao Che's Revenge: "Spicy Asian Sticky Wings direct from Club Obi Wan".

You get a more than decent amount of wings, all of which are covered in a spicy, tangy glaze. Very tasty, very sticky, very satisfying (Dare I say finger-lickin good?). I'd highly recommend it.
5 STARS

Good Dates: "Goat cheese stuffed Dates served with Marcona Almonds and pickled vegetables- safe for the whole family".

This was my first time ever having Dates, and I was very pleased by the flavor and amount of Dates I received. The Goat Cheese was perfectly sour, and the Dates were deliciously sweet (plus the nuts were candied). Overall, I'd say it was like eating healthy candy. I'd highly recommend this as well.
5 STARS

Antidote: "Sprite and Maraschino Cherry Juice".

Contrary to the drink description, it really didn't taste like a Shirley Temple. Was more like a Sprite with a hint of Cherry flavor. I thought it was good, and makes for a good chaser if you find your choice of libation doesn't sit too well with you.
3 STARS

Overall, Jock Lindsey's is a more than satisfactory place to grab a small bite to eat and a good libation. The drinks and food are fairly rich, and vary in flavors (they definitely have a world cuisine feel to them). It has impressive theming (that is never distracting), and it can be fun to look around and try to pick up on all the little details of the place while you wait for your drink and food. I really enjoyed eating on The Reggie, but hope I can be lucky enough to nab a seat on the inside next time. The waiters were also very fun and friendly, though I imagine they must have been stressed with the big crowds the place was getting ( It must be noted that the signature glasses were unavailable, though I don't really go for that kind of thing too often so it didn't affect me all that much). I hesitate to call this a family establishment, since the focus is clearly on alcoholic drinks, but that said the environment is festive enough and the food items varied enough that ones under the drinking age should find something to satisfy them here as well (Also really dig that they offer both an alcoholic and non-alcoholic mojito). I know that the next time I'm in the mood for something different (be it food or drink), you can bet you'll find me here.

OVERALL: 4 STARS (out of 5).

Last edited:
I was mildly interested in this place until I heard about the themed cups they will have. That sparked my interest for sure, im a sucked for them. Was thinking about stopping by this weekend but once I heard they wont have the cups yet I nixed the idea

They now have the Cool Headed Monkey glasses.

image.jpg

Finally tried it out on Sunday for lunch. We had the meatball sliders and wings. Wings were really good, sliders were fine. I had the Monkey punch while wife had Reggie's Revenge. I liked mine, hers was good, but tasted like a Sweet Tart so I don't know if I would be able to drink the whole damn thing. :lol:

Either way, cool place but it's a once a while type deal since it's a bit pricey.