Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

John Wick: Chapter 3

Welp. it's finally out.

Personally, I actually have a complaint with the film..the action. Or rather, the overuse, of action.

I liked everything about it, but the action actually weighs the film down for me; as I think they could've kept it a bit tighter (ironic, given some of the events in the film), and shorter.

A family member says it best: It felt like a car chase, but as opposed to cars..it's fists.

Finally got around to seeing the movie tonight at the Orlando Cinemark. Saw a 10:40 showing and the theater was near sold out - I was stunned. The theater was one of their smaller ones though so that's probably why. Loved the movie and can't wait to see where Chapter 4 takes us. Laurence Fishburn and Halle Berry were both standouts for me in their supporting roles. Fishburn's one liner's had me laughing all movie and I liked what they did with Sofia's storyline.

It's so odd to me that I love this franchise so much as I don't normally like these types of movies. There's just something about the world building and the mystery of it all that really lines up with what I love in movies.

Welp. it's finally out.

Personally, I actually have a complaint with the film..the action. Or rather, the overuse, of action.

I liked everything about it, but the action actually weighs the film down for me; as I think they could've kept it a bit tighter (ironic, given some of the events in the film), and shorter.

A family member says it best: It felt like a car chase, but as opposed to cars..it's fists.
I agree in part. The best parts of John Wick as a whole are when there's crucial plot moments happening and it isn't so action-y. I felt for this movie in particular, they over did it a bit with some of the action sequences being too long and thus almost getting to the point of boredom after a bit. I was invested in the story and where it was going and sometimes the action sequences took away from that.

On the other hand, what's John Wick without the fight sequences? Especially with this being a movie where he had a bounty on his head and was fighting to survive the entire movie, I can totally understand why there was so much action in this movie.