Joker (2019) | Inside Universal Forums

Joker (2019)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 4, 2013
Tampa
All set to go with Joaquin Phoenix for an Oct. 4 release.

Let's see if I got this right for upcoming Joker appearances:

• This
  • Suicide Squad sequel
  • Harley-Joker Spin-Off
  • Joker Solo Spin-Off
  • The Batman?
tenor.gif

Reactions: QuackQuackQuack
I thought the Suicide Squad sequel was pulled (and the Harley/Joker Spin-off) because of Bird's of Prey coming up for Margo?

That said, This interests me in a few ways, especially considering Phoenix.

Not to mention, they wanted Frances Mcdormand for the Joker's mother, but she turned it down.

I thought the Suicide Squad sequel was pulled (and the Harley/Joker Spin-off) because of Bird's of Prey coming up for Margo?

I haven’t heard anything about those getting axed, but with DC throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks these days, it wouldn’t surprise me. In any event, it doesn’t seem like a good idea to have two guys play the same character around the same time.

Cinemacon got to see the first trailer; and buzz is coming out for the material being shown.

It's being said as incredibly dark and in the disturbing level; with it being as if it's a tragedy.

Meanwhile..

D3KiHN2XcAIt04V.jpg

Trailer's tomorrow.

I love that the comedy club is called Pogo's. That's my aesthetic right there. That said, i hope i like this Joker a lot more than Ledger. I know he was popular, but I just hated it.

Setting aside expectations we have for the Joker character, I think that trailer sells a potentially fascinating character study.

I don't particularly want or need an extended origin story for the Joker, but I'm open to seeing what they do with a story like that.

Looks promising.

Setting aside expectations we have for the Joker character, I think that trailer sells a potentially fascinating character study.

I don't particularly want or need an extended origin story for the Joker, but I'm open to seeing what they do with a story like that.

As soon as I heard that Phoenix would be playing it and that it was to be a tragedy, I knew it would have the potential of being fantastic.

Look, Phoenix is arguably the best dramatic actor of the past decade+. Particularly regarding character studies. Look no further than The Master. They could not have cast a better individual for the role.

Reactions: belloq87
As soon as I heard that Phoenix would be playing it and that it was to be a tragedy, I knew it would have the potential of being fantastic.

Look, Phoenix is arguably the best dramatic actor of the past decade+. Particularly regarding character studies. Look no further than The Master. They could not have cast a better individual for the role.
This movie seems to combine the gravitas of his character in The Master with his mental illness of the character from You Were Never Really Here. It's just a trailer, but his performance looks phenomenal.

I feel like this is the kind of artsy movie that critics would like, but general audiences will hate, especially if there's no action involved.

Reactions: Andysol
Couldn't be looking forward to this anymore than I already am. Such a complex character and they have the right guy taking on the role. Probably my most anticipated for the rest of the year along with Star Wars and Jojo Rabbit.