June 2013 Trip | Inside Universal Forums

June 2013 Trip

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

jtsalien

V.I.P. Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
It's official! I'll be returning to Orlando June 14-23. This trip has the distinction of being the first one since I turn 21, making our whole group finally of age. We'll be staying offsite at one of the Westgate Resorts, and doing 3-4 days at Universal and Disney each. Onto the questions I have for you guys: Any drinking around the world tips besides the obvious like stretching it out as long as possible, snacking too, and starting in Mexico and ending in Canada? We've only eaten at WDW three times for sit down: Sci-Fi, Hoop Dee-Doo, and Biergarten. Any suggestions for another special place to eat? Any touring plan tips for new FL or how to hit up new TT? What are the best places to grab a drink in UOR?

Thanks for any tips guys! I'll be updating this thread with a report when I'm done.

New Fantasyland is popular right now because it's new, but maybe by June it will quiet down. Be Our Guest is really popular, so if you want lunch there get there early.

Drinking at UOR:

Drinks Around The Universe

Start at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for a Margarita (get the souvenir glass and a bag to carry it in. Your going to need it). Then head into IOA. Hit Backwater Bar for a Tequila Shot. On to Mythos in the Lost Continent where you should eat and have a Potion of the Gods (comes with souvenir glass). Then on to The Hog's Head Pub for either a Hog's Head Brew or a Hog's Bite (Hog's Head Brew and Strongbow hard cider) in a souvenir cup. Head out of the park to CityWalk. Hit Pat O'Brian's for a Hurricane (get it inside to get the free souvenir glass). Then into USF to Fennigan's Irish Pub for a Beer Flight (comes with a small souvenir glass) and then finish at Chez Alcatrz with a Bruce (comes in a souvenir glass).

The souvenir glasses are extra at Margaritaville ($8.00) and Hog's Head Pub ($5.00), but all the souvenir glasses make great memories. Which is handy since you'll likely not have many in your head.....but plenty on your phone. And maybe on Facebook. :lol:

Last edited:
Drinking at UOR:

Start at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for a Margarita (get the souvenir glass and a bag to carry it in. Your going to need it). Then head into IOA. Hit Backwater Bar for a Tequila Shot. On to Mythos in the Lost Continent where you should eat and have a Potion of the Gods (comes with souvenir glass). Then on to The Hog's Head Pub for either a Hog's Head Brew or a Hog's Bite (Hog's Head Brew and Strongbow hard cider) in a souvenir cup. Head out of the park to CityWalk. Hit Pat O'Brian's for a Hurricane (get it inside to get the free souvenir glass). Then into USF to Fennigan's Irish Pub for a Beer Flight (comes with a small souvenir glass) and then finish at Chez Alcatrz with a Bruce (comes in a souvenir glass).

The souvenir glasses are extra at Margaritaville ($8.00) and Hog's Head Pub ($5.00), but all the souvenir glasses make great memories. Which is handy since you'll likely not have many in your head.....but plenty on your phone. And maybe on Facebook. :lol:

Wow. Awesome DH, love it :rep:. The souvenir glasses are great ideas!

Another take on Disnryhead's idea is to hit up all the bars in Citywalk for drinking around City walk.

Margaritaville
Hard Rock
NBA City
NASCAR
Bubba Bump
Latin Quarter
Bob Marley
Pat O'Brian

For starters those are the bigger ones, you've got some smaller bars scattered around

Drinking at UOR:

... then go to the nearest restrooms (by Disaster?), find a stall, kneel to face the magic well, and let it suck your soul :rofl:

Last edited:
That's a great roadmap Disneyhead! Done each, but not at the same time or order you suggest. Will certainly try it in a few weeks for Mardi Gras

I really enjoy Chez Alcatraz. I haven't had a Bruce but I've had a Shark Attack and I loved it. DH, what exactly is in a Bruce? I never really looked at the ingredients for it.

I really enjoy Chez Alcatraz. I haven't had a Bruce but I've had a Shark Attack and I loved it. DH, what exactly is in a Bruce? I never really looked at the ingredients for it.

According to the menu in BJCool's post here:

"Jose Cuervo Gold tequila, Grand Mariner, mix sour, splash of orange juice."

Drinking at UOR:

That is one detailed pub crawl, love it, although I am not the best of drinkers so would split over 2 days to help save myself from the embarrassing stagger home and split head in the morning.

What is a beer flight? ah Bruce I have seen him mentioned before.

Last edited:
That is one detailed pub crawl, love it, although I am not the best of drinkers so would split over 2 days to help save myself from the embarrassing stagger home and split head in the morning.

What is a beer flight? ah Bruce I have seen him mentioned before.

This is Finnegan's Beer Flight. They are 7 oz samples of 5 different beers:

302966_1980022576219_2010799_n.jpg

It's official! I'll be returning to Orlando June 14-23. This trip has the distinction of being the first one since I turn 21, making our whole group finally of age. We'll be staying offsite at one of the Westgate Resorts, and doing 3-4 days at Universal and Disney each. Onto the questions I have for you guys: Any drinking around the world tips besides the obvious like stretching it out as long as possible, snacking too, and starting in Mexico gand ending in Canada? We've only eaten at WDW three times for sit down: Sci-Fi, Hoop Dee-Doo, and Biergarten. Any suggestions for another special place to eat? Any touring plan tips for new FL or how to hit up new TT? What are the best places to grab a drink in UOR?

Thanks for any tips guys! I'll be updating this thread with a report when I'm done.

I know of a great place Italian Deli in Kissimmee if you do not mind traveling a bit away from WDW :thumbs:

Thanks Felipe! :thumbs:

I just booked Hoop Dee Doo for Wednesday night as a Father's Day present. It'll be our second time and should be a lot of fun.

So I realized I never posted a trip report. But for now, I'll just cover the fun stuff: Alcohol!

Drinking Around the World:

Overall, this was expensive but fun. I don't think I'll ever do it again, but it was nice to try things I probably normally wouldn't.

Mexico-Blood Orange Margarita.
-It's worth going inside to La Cava Del Tequila. They use actually juices and whatnot as opposed to the premixed stand outside. Although that's chili powder, not salt around the rim.
CameraZOOM-20130621133838357_zps608e3676.jpg

Norway-Carlsberg
-Not the best beer I had, not the worst. Meh.
CameraZOOM-20130621140822366_zps32f3328a.jpg

China- Canto Loopy
-Canoloupe flavored, obviously. This was really good, but difficult to finish. The taste is unique, but gets old quickly
CameraZOOM-20130621142247026_zpsac2f461a.jpg

Germany- Altenmunster Oktoberfest
-Unsurprisingly, the best beer I had.
CameraZOOM-20130621144201285_zpsc7891e54.jpg

Italy- Moretti
-Like just about every beer I had, mediocre.
CameraZOOM-20130621152107264_zps578c1d02.jpg

America- Red Stag Lemonade
-Decent. The lemonade itself was a bit sour for me, but it was refreshing nonetheless.
CameraZOOM-20130621153503617_zps429c7683.jpg

Japan- Banana Sake
-By far my least favorite drink. The artificial banana taste was just disgusting.
CameraZOOM-20130617193908175_zps01fa1b7e.jpg

Morocco-Casa Beer.
-Just another foreign Bud.
CameraZOOM-20130617190320227_zpsadbbc59e.jpg

France- Grand Mariner Slush
-Now here's the good stuff. Definitely my favorite. Tasted exactly like a creamsicle. Will be getting one every trip.
CameraZOOM-20130617184014620_zps965a5831.jpg

United Kingdom- The Welsh Dragon
-Drink was neat. But tasted exactly like a candy cane so I wasn't a fan.
CameraZOOM-20130617181731973_zpseae3f2a6.jpg

Canada- Moosehead
-Decent beer, nothing special.
CameraZOOM-20130617180750320_zpsd4713a5f.jpg

Other escapades:

Fat Tuesday- Bloody Smurf
-This guy was also delicious. Mix of Blue Raspberry and Strawberry flavors.
CameraZOOM-20130622200938382_zps68a5bc6c.jpg

WWOHP- Hog's Head
-Was really not a fan of this.
CameraZOOM-20130618175146748_zps6e76d9d6.jpg

Springfield- Duff Lite
-It was good. Just not good for the price and the plain plastic cup. I'd get it again if/when we get souvenir glasses.
CameraZOOM-20130618123258343_zps46d15f1b.jpg

I also got a Bruce at Chez Alcatraz and was not impressed.

I love the Grand Mariner Slush although not as strong as the drinks you get at that little stand in Morocco. Fun drink report :thumbs:

Thanks. It was fun drinking them :lol: But yeah I agree that's the only downside of it. The Bloody Smurf was probably my second favorite, and I was surprised at the strength for it being a from a chain place like that.