Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen

I bet this becomes the second restaurant at the MK that sells alcohol.

What I've heard is that it won't but I'd love to be wrong.

Two points.

1.) Good to finally have this announced, I first heard about this over a year ago.
2.) Interesting to see Disney embrace SEA here and at Jock's but not bring back Adventurer's Club name.

What I've heard is that it won't but I'd love to be wrong.

Two points.

1.) Good to finally have this announced, I first heard about this over a year ago.
2.) Interesting to see Disney embrace SEA here and at Jock's but not bring back Adventurer's Club name.
I see it as a bit of a courtesy to not re-use the name. Would be a very poor choice as Disney knows it has a very load and proud fan base.

I feel like it would be like rubbing salt in the wound for them to re-use the name but not bring back the same experience.

I'm so glad Disney realizes that food options in MK are underwhelming. I feel like Be Our Guest did nothing to alleviate the other restaurants for dinner, whatever the capacity on that is.

Now let's get the Diamond Horseshoe open again after this and then we're really talking. Maybe if that Frontierland Expansion happens, open Aunt Polly's again too...

Aunt Polly's has been open on a seasonal basis. There's actually a good chance that Diamond Horseshoe will come back. It, Adventureland Veranda and Liberty Tree Tavern all share a kitchen and it is being upgraded for this.

I thought Trader Sam's was a Jungle Cruise thing? Think we'll be getting some of the drinks from over there at MK?
It is. And if they allow alcohol, which wasn't mentioned, then maybe. But i'm thinking this restaurant will be very, umm.... punny.

Sign is up. From MouseSteps:

canteen_zpscapypuz1.jpg

This needs to open. I'm relegated to MK counter service.. MK COUNTER SERVICE :ack:.. for an upcoming trip because everything is booked. But of course I'll keep checking.

This needs to open. I'm relegated to MK counter service.. MK COUNTER SERVICE :ack:.. for an upcoming trip because everything is booked. But of course I'll keep checking.
Are you making your dining choices off the cuff or do you try and get reservations ahead of time? Because if it's ahead of time, all it takes is 15-20 mins max of stalking the WDW Dining website waiting for reservations to open up. I never fail to find a reservation for anywhere I want to eat in MK on any night, even BOG.

Hey man. If you know where to go it's not that bad.

I've never been a fan. I am looking forward to trying the new Pecos Bill/Chipotle menu.

Are you making your dining choices off the cuff or do you try and get reservations ahead of time? Because if it's ahead of time, all it takes is 15-20 mins max of stalking the WDW Dining website waiting for reservations to open up. I never fail to find a reservation for anywhere I want to eat in MK on any night, even BOG.

This worked and I was able to get BOG! Now.. any suggestions for DHS? :lol: