Jurassic Park Behind the Scenes Exhibit | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park Behind the Scenes Exhibit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 18, 2010
Utah
Do any of you remember the Jurassic Park Behind the Scenes exhibit that was in the Pantages lobby? I'm trying to pin point when my first visit to Universal/WDW took place and this was one of my fondest memories of that trip as I was obsessed with Jurassic Park when it came out in 93. Do any of you know when the exhibit would have started and when it ended? The only info i can seem to find is this video on Youtube that was filmed in 95. I know we went prior to summer 94 though as Tower of Terror was still under construction when we went. Any insight would be great.

[video=youtube;2_vZeoZFACM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_vZeoZFACM[/video]

As I said I really remember this exhibit almost better then anything else at the Studios at the time (other then the Nick studios tour). I remembered going crazy seeing all the props and the triceratops sitting in the lobby and the Tour Explorer and Jeep sitting outside (both of which now sit in IOA). It was really cool for the time.

Sadly I can't answer any of your questions but like you I do remember going to see it. If it helps with time frames I saw it mid to late September 1995 (back when I was 15).

I am exactly like you this was one of my fondest memories of Universal Studios when I was a kid, guess it was due to my obsession with Jurassic Park :lol: Unfortunately I have no details either.

It could of been there as early as 1994. I have a photo of a group eating at Mel's with Jurassic Park on the Horror Make Up Marquee in the background and I remember it being there on that trip.

Wow, that looks fantastic. I don't remember going to that but I do recall visiting some kind of walk-through attraction for The Lost World. Anybody remember that?