Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Studios Korea or Dubai, that tis the question...

Well, Soarin's design came from the mind of a Disney imagineer with an erector set who created the model (I forget who..). But that doesn't mean there weren't working concepts of it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, nice concept art. Looks more like a Jurassic Park safari ride, which would work great too. I don't even think that would need the Dinos run amock storyline.

This would be an outdoor attraction me thinks BJC

So here's a question. How on earth would they even begin to perform construction involving the lower level of the Discovery Center if they're rerouting Potter traffic outside there?

I think they would still be able to use a large section of that overlook down there but not sure how that would work out.

I think they would still be able to use a large section of that overlook down there but not sure how that would work out.

It just seems like a dicey proposition to take up more space in Jurassic Park for construction when Harry Potter's enormous attendance has basically rendered JP unenjoyable. Obviously, this is a temporary thing but they couldn't possibly start on these new attractions any time soon.

So here's a question. How on earth would they even begin to perform construction involving the lower level of the Discovery Center if they're rerouting Potter traffic outside there?

they would probably be able to funnel people through the lost continent and the large area in front of Sinbad. If construction took up a lot of Jurassic Park space, they could easily switch the line to the opposite side.

p.s. I know there are a lot of logistical errors with that idea, but it might be the only realistic option.

Courtesy of Screamscape
www.screamscape.com

New Jurassic Park Attraction - Rumor - (1/14/13) Lots of interesting news involving Jurassic Park this week. For starters, it was apparently leaked through various Hollywood sources that Jurassic Park 4 (in 3D) was given the green-light and given a release date of June 13, 2014 with Steven Spielberg confirmed to be returning as Producer.

This does go a long way to explain why I’ve been hearing about a ton of new Jurassic Park ride rumors and leaks for Islands of Adventure over the past week. New rumored variations of old ride concepts are returning to the drawing board for another look, with the only exception missing so far was JP HelicopTours, which was proposed to use the same ride system as Disney’s Soarin’ before Disney bought out the exclusive rights to it.

New rumors about an Excavation Dig Site coaster are back, the old giant Pterodactyl Dome concept that would have enclosed a B&M Flyer coaster is rumored as a new Wing Coaster design. Remember the old Jeep Tour people have been wanting since day 1? Some interesting artwork for a revamped version of the Jeep Tour drawn back in December 2010 were uncovered online this week, but I’m not sure how long they will stay online, so view them while you still can here because I really like this updated look to the Jeep Tour.

Look closely at the layout art for the proposed attraction and you see the tour starts nice and mellow, then things go wrong when what appears to be a Triceratops is blocking the road, forcing your jeep into a wild off-road journey that ends up in what looks like a Raptor Cave full of nastys before you can escape back to the safety of the theme park once again. I don’t believe it’s any mistake that you can see Triceratops on this ride, as it would make a fitting attraction to replace the old Triceratops Encounter, wouldn’t you think?

jurrassicparkjeepadvent.jpg

I'm still hoping for the excavation / amber mine coaster personally. I like the idea of the large coaster in the pterodactyl cage (imagine walking up towards that... would be so intimidating!) but as the centrepiece of a new-build JP elsewhere like Dubai, it would overpower IOA.

I'm still hoping for the excavation / amber mine coaster personally. I like the idea of the large coaster in the pterodactyl cage (imagine walking up towards that... would be so intimidating!) but as the centrepiece of a new-build JP elsewhere like Dubai, it would overpower IOA.

I would like the mine coaster better too, but either sounds good to me. Show 'em how a real mine coaster should be :p

Count me in for the dark ride! Keep me out of the sun...and I feel it will give the island the original ambience john hammond wanted, based on the first Jurassic park movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.