Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 401 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The land takes a lot of it's cues from the book not the movie. In the book, there were carni games and the main attraction was a boat ride. Also the John Hammond in the book was a lot more cynical and a lot less "nice grandpa".

How I would deal with Kong is put up a JP Arch across from the Toon Lagoon sign and put a park map/you are here directory showing "Jurassic Park" that shows all the attractions, restaurants, restrooms, etc. and have Skull Island Reign of Kong as an attraction in the park. There is an homage to Kong and he is mentioned by name in Jurassic Park. Spielberg has said that the giant wall/gate that inspired Malcolm to say "Geez! What do you have in there? King Kong?" was an homage to the giant wall in King Kong.

And thus Jurassic Park Isla Aventura becomes one of the best theme parks in the country with Jurassic Park River Adventure, Raptor Rail, Skull Island: Reign of Kong, Pteradon Flyers, Camp Jurassic, Raptor Encounter, Upgraded interactive Discovery Center, Winston's Chop House (formerly Thunder Falls), Hammond's Verandah (Lounge on the covered patio area of Thunder Falls overlooking JPRA) , Burger Digs, Carnivores and Herbivores (Formerly Pizza Pretoria; Pork Shanks, Ribs, Kababs, Hummus, Veggie Wraps, Salads), Pandora (formerly the amber shop) and Margaritaville Outpost (formerly The Watering Hole).
What is not known by most fans of the book is that parts of the story are shortened for the novel. There is a part, that didn't make the book, where the pencil pushers thought JP would be too much catering to a male demographic. So they added a show of old disco dino's ABBA performing a musical named Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Dino After Midnight) to appease to the elderly and female park visitors (and Joel).

How I would deal with Kong is put up a JP Arch across from the Toon Lagoon sign and put a park map/you are here directory showing "Jurassic Park" that shows all the attractions, restaurants, restrooms, etc. and have Skull Island Reign of Kong as an attraction in the park. There is an homage to Kong and he is mentioned by name in Jurassic Park. Spielberg has said that the giant wall/gate that inspired Malcolm to say "Geez! What do you have in there? King Kong?" was an homage to the giant wall in King Kong.

That’s an amazingly terrible idea.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I thought the steaks at terrace was a great idea. Of course my opinion is jaded as I would be buying one all the time

What is not known by most fans of the book is that parts of the story are shortened for the novel. There is a part, that didn't make the book, where the pencil pushers thought JP would be too much catering to a male demographic. So they added a show of old disco dino's ABBA performing a musical named Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Dino After Midnight) to appease to the elderly and female park visitors (and Joel).

38228829_984819798707592_8307514580750303232_n.jpg

Just got back from our annual Cedar Point trip. Now, I know Gravity Group is the rumored company as of right now but, if they got an RMC, man I don’t even know what I’d so lol... Steel Vengeance was the best roller coaster I’ve ever been on. (Over 100)

My 2 cents:

Less roadbump, more the fact that we all think things are far more imminent than they usually are. This is gonna be a steel coaster that generally won’t go anywhere over guest areas apparently. They’ll start this thing next year after Potter opens.

In fact, I’m willing to bet the Potter work being behind is the reason this is “behind”.

Reactions: jtsalien
Just got back from our annual Cedar Point trip. Now, I know Gravity Group is the rumored company as of right now but, if they got an RMC, man I don’t even know what I’d so lol... Steel Vengeance was the best roller coaster I’ve ever been on. (Over 100)
Agreed. Went there last month and Steel Vengeance is #1 for me as well as @Joe

No one can touch RMC right now.

Potter will be groundbreaking and arguably the best coaster in the world, but not because of the coaster itself- because of all the elements. Meaning, Intamin isn’t what is going to make Potter incredible.

Reactions: Pk3062
My 2 cents:

Less roadbump, more the fact that we all think things are far more imminent than they usually are. This is gonna be a steel coaster that generally won’t go anywhere over guest areas apparently. They’ll start this thing next year after Potter opens.

In fact, I’m willing to bet the Potter work being behind is the reason this is “behind”.

I can’t see this starting any time soon either.

My only concern is that 2020 might be feeling a little bare at UOR while Disney will have a ton of new things to offer.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I can’t see this starting any time soon either.

My only concern is that 2020 might be feeling a little bare at UOR while Disney will have a ton of new things to offer.
Yeah. Unwise move for Universal, unless they have something else prominent planned for 2020 between a bareboned coaster and JPRA redo. . They're losing their momentum and could depend too much on the new park that's a few years way from 2020.

Yeah. Unwise move for Universal, unless they have something else prominent planned for 2020 between a bareboned coaster and JPRA redo. . They're losing their momentum and could depend too much on the new park that's a few years way from 2020.

With the usual 2 year construction period for most new attractions, I think it’s getting too late for a 2020 attraction in the theme parks.

The only other option I see is the expansion at Volcano Bay or the show replacing T2 gets pushed back.

With the usual 2 year construction period for most new attractions, I think it’s getting too late for a 2020 attraction in the theme parks.

The only other option I see is the expansion at Volcano Bay or the show replacing T2 gets pushed back.
They need the T-2 replacement to have something for USF next year besides Potter in IOA. 2019 will have Mickey & Minnie (summer) GESWL (fall). That's a double strong lineup. 'Water' Park stuff hardly counts. Universal seems to be dawdling when they should be doing. 2020 is shaping up to be "Six Flagish expansion" like for Universal. That doesn't cut the mustard in the big boy theme park world, especially after F&F BS. Seems like there's lot's of plans & potential, but someone's stopping the trigger from being pulled...............If Disney was still in their "Sleep' mode, it wouldn't matter much. But with Disney in fast forward through 2022, Universal will start looking like a turtle against the rabbit race.:thumbsdown:...............Man does not live by hotel expansion alone. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Isn’t it getting to the point now that if they have at least started a new project every two or three years everyone will be satisfied? Opening something new every year cannot go on forever or they will have to start tearing down brand new attractions!

IOA has plenty of room for new attractions without removing something. There’s an expansion pad in Seuess, between Toon Lagoon and MSHI, where the JP coaster is rumoured to go.

USF can remove FFL to no complaints and I think there’s space beside Fallon if they get creative enough, the land between Simpsons and MIB and the inevitable Kidzone replacement.

They need the T-2 replacement to have something for USF next year besides Potter in IOA. 2019 will have Mickey & Minnie (summer) GESWL (fall). That's a double strong lineup. 'Water' Park stuff hardly counts. Universal seems to be dawdling when they should be doing. 2020 is shaping up to be "Six Flagish expansion" like for Universal. That doesn't cut the mustard in the big boy theme park world, especially after F&F BS. Seems like there's lot's of plans & potential, but someone's stopping the trigger from being pulled...............If Disney was still in their "Sleep' mode, it wouldn't matter much. But with Disney in fast forward through 2022, Universal will start looking like a turtle against the rabbit race.

I understand the panic after D23 but that was more than a year ago now.

I think Universal is developing a reputation as a company that can only produce a good ride if it’s based on Harry’s Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.