Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 402 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA has plenty of room for new attractions without removing something. There’s an expansion pad in Seuess, between Toon Lagoon and MSHI, where the JP coaster is rumoured to go.

USF can remove FFL to no complaints and I think there’s space beside Fallon if they get creative enough, the land between Simpsons and MIB and the inevitable Kidzone replacement.

I understand the panic after D23 but that was more than a year ago now.

I think Universal is developing a reputation as a company that can only produce a good ride if it’s based on Harry’s Potter.
with Warner & Rowling looking over UC's shoulder. :lol:

True but maybe a better balance is needed. Building two coasters back to back in IOA while USF gets the turd that is F&F and a show replacing T2 that nobody seems to really care about.
USF did get Transformers, Diagon Alley, Jimmy Fallon, and a new nighttime show in recent years as well... I still feel IOA is a little lacking to be honest.

Unfortunately, what the end result is IOA is all outside rides and USF is all screen rides. Oops.

USF did get Transformers, Diagon Alley, Jimmy Fallon, and a new nighttime show in recent years as well... I still feel IOA is a little lacking to be honest.

Unfortunately, what the end result is IOA is all outside rides and USF is all screen rides. Oops.

It always seemed like the plan was to get the current resort up to scratch just as the new resort opens but with projects getting cancelled, switched and fast tracked, it all seems like a bit of mess. I think IOA will be closer to where it needs to be but with Nintendo no longer going into Kidzone, it's left a gap that needs filled to make USF feel better rounded.

Reactions: belloq87
True but maybe a better balance is needed. Building two coasters back to back in IOA while USF gets the turd that is F&F and a show replacing T2 that nobody seems to really care about.

Since 2011 USF has gotten: Minion Mayhem, Springfield, Transformers, Diagon, Fallon, F&F, Cinematic Spectacular, and Cinematic Celebration.

Fallon and F&F may not be up to snuff for some people, but the idea that USF is neglected and long suffering is ridiculous.

Studios is having an Epcot problem, a shell of its former self.

In your opinion. I’d take USF of today over USF of 1993 any day of the week

Since 2011 USF has gotten: Minion Mayhem, Springfield, Transformers, Diagon, Fallon, F&F, Cinematic Spectacular, and Cinematic Celebration.

Fallon and F&F may not be up to snuff for some people, but the idea that USF is neglected and long suffering is ridiculous.

In your opinion. I’d take USF of today over USF of 1993 any day of the week

So it's gotten: Minion Mayhem (SCREENZ replacement), Springfield (SCREENZ replacement), Transformers (New SCREENZ), Diagon (Coaster SCREENZ), Fallon (New SCREENZ), F&F (New SCREENZ), Cinematic Spectacular (Night time SCREENZ), and Cinematic Celebration (New night time SCREENZ).

:tired:

So it's gotten: Minion Mayhem (SCREENZ replacement), Springfield (SCREENZ replacement), Transformers (New SCREENZ), Diagon (Coaster SCREENZ), Fallon (New SCREENZ), F&F (New SCREENZ), Cinematic Spectacular (Night time SCREENZ), and Cinematic Celebration (New night time SCREENZ).

:tired:
:eek:O:

When people seriously complain about Diagon, Springfield, Cinematic Celebration, and Transformers, they’ve lost the plot. Sorry not sorry.

:eek:O:

When people seriously complain about Diagon, Springfield, Cinematic Celebration, and Transformers, they’ve lost the plot. Sorry not sorry.

Diagon is stellar, nobody is denying that. Springfield is a retheme of BTTF and generic theme park food, Transformers is a worse version of Spider-Man and I've yet to see Cinematic Celebration.

Until Universal make a good ride that isn't based on Potter or heavily relies on screens, they deserve to be criticised.

Diagon is stellar, nobody is denying that. Springfield is a retheme of BTTF and generic theme park food, Transformers is a worse version of Spider-Man and I've yet to see Cinematic Celebration.

Until Universal make a good ride that isn't based on Potter or heavily relies on screens, they deserve to be criticised.

The idea that Transformers is a bad ride is ridiculous, but whatever. You do you.

Reactions: Joel and RevFreako
The idea that Transformers is a bad ride is ridiculous, but whatever. You do you.

Where did I say it was a bad ride? I called it a worse version of Spider-Man which it is.

Maybe some innovation or taking things to the next level would be better than trying to pump out the same rehashed rides as quickly as possible. :shrug:

Where did I say it was a bad ride? I called it a worse version of Spider-Man which it is.

Maybe some innovation or taking things to the next level would be better than trying to pump out the same rehashed rides as quickly as possible.

You literally said they can’t make a good ride that isn’t Potter. Not every ride is going to be a game changer.

Universal fans have gotten this weird sense of entitlement that every ride has to change the landscape. I don’t get it. A good ride is a good ride. I’m not gonna whine when every ride doesn’t reinvent the wheel

You literally said they can’t make a good ride that isn’t Potter. Not every ride is going to be a game changer.

Universal fans have gotten this weird sense of entitlement that every ride has to change the landscape. I don’t get it. A good ride is a good ride. I’m not gonna whine when every ride doesn’t reinvent the wheel

Aren’t you feisty today.

I'll change my statement then, they can't make a great ride that isn't Potter. Transformers is slightly above average, it's a jumbled mess but fun.

A good ride is a good ride, sure. But when a park is filled with mostly the same type of good rides, it needs diversity. Especially when it's taking away practical rides like Disaster and a show like Beetlejuice and replacing it with something like F&F. The same goes for Twister and Fallon.

Aren’t you feisty today.

I think people have lost the ability to go to the parks and...just have fun? I dunno. I was at the parks this weekend with people who don't frequent theme parks, and it's refreshing to tour a park without ridiculous nitpicks and qualifiers on a list to what makes a ride "good".

I'll change my statement then, they can't make a great ride that isn't Potter. Transformers is slightly above average, it's a jumbled mess but fun.

A good ride is a good ride, sure. But when a park is filled with mostly the same type of good rides, it needs diversity. Especially when it's taking away practical rides like Disaster and a show like Beetlejuice and replacing it with something like F&F. The same goes for Twister and Fallon.

"Mostly" the same type of good rides? Outside of Shrek, MM, and Fallon, which is definitely a problem, I'm not sure I'd say any of the other rides in the park are anywhere close to being the same as the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.