Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 433 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as...
  • They don’t add any screens to JPRA
  • The coaster stays close to the ground and provides a great thrill ride to make up for the loss of DD, and...
  • It doesn’t take/use the Jurassic World brand
I’m completely down for whatever happens.

Considering one of the rumors surrounding JW for Hollywood revolves around Digital effects being put into use in a way, I don't think it's safe to assume that it won't use digital based media.

As long as...
  • They don’t add any screens to JPRA
  • The coaster stays close to the ground and provides a great thrill ride to make up for the loss of DD, and...
  • It doesn’t take/use the Jurassic World brand
I’m completely down for whatever happens.
I have a feeling the JP coaster will be taller than the Potter coaster. That was the closer to the ground option. I'm thinking this will be the more thrilling one, but with launches still, no lifts (probably). Just a guess, but no taller than Hulk though, they know how far to go before it starts looking bad from other areas of the park.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I have a feeling the JP coaster will be taller than the Potter coaster. That was the closer to the ground option. I'm thinking this will be the more thrilling one, but with launches still, no lifts (probably). Just a guess, but no taller than Hulk though, they know how far to go before it starts looking bad from other areas of the park.
My dad saying “no coaster, IOA has the amount they swore to keep it at”

Except when they closed Dragon Challenge they lost 2 coasters, and with Potter added, they'll still be down 1. Whoa, mind blown, right?

EDIT: Also, not sure you should specifically call out your information source here. Your dad, the manager, could lose his job if you're spilling too many beans on his behalf.

ALSO, heard a long missing AA MIGHT be added, A donation from Hollywood;)

Yeah, I have now zero trust when you said of "your father".

That's happened once before, and it panned out as hilariously bad as one would expect.

__

If they weren't going to do a coaster, why go through the trouble of the markings? For the sake of clearing out space for an already public area that's used by guests to add capacity?

It'd make zero sense for those markers to turn out for nothing.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I mean, markers go up all the time. It's not something to read too far into until work actually begins.

The coaster is probably happening, but markers don't mean anything until work begins.

If they weren't going to do a coaster, why go through the trouble of the markings? For the sake of clearing out space for an already public area that's used by guests to add capacity?

It'd make zero sense for those markers to turn out for nothing.
They've been planning a new coaster. I know there have been/are some delays in construction, but it's still in development as of now.

Saying they won't be building a new coaster because they swore this is the amount of coasters the park would always have - is like saying Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will never serve alcohol because it's what Walt would have wanted. Sometimes, plans, intentions (and management) change over time.

Saying they won't be building a new coaster because they swore this is the amount of coasters the park would always have - is like saying Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will never serve alcohol because it's what Walt would have wanted. Sometimes, plans, intentions (and management) change over time.

Plus if they "swore", then they would not even consider and plan any new coasters.

Except when they closed Dragon Challenge they lost 2 coasters, and with Potter added, they'll still be down 1. Whoa, mind blown, right?

EDIT: Also, not sure you should specifically call out your information source here. Your dad, the manager, could lose his job if you're spilling too many beans on his behalf.
No, hahahah My dads not the manager! He just doesn’t think that there adding a coaster. Sorry, for the confusion!

I’m getting my information from talking to people in the park :) (people who I trust)

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder if a possible longer downtime for JPRA is happening, if it will have to do with the relocation of Raptor Encounter and the work that will affect the queue due to that.
Even if the relocation was to affect the JPRA entrance, I bet they could just re-route guests by the lockers and split Express later down the queue, but I don't think that relocation needs to affect the entrance personally.
Yup, but most was straight from that manager. (Of all places In the JPRA gift shop )
Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Even if the relocation was to affect the JPRA entrance, I bet they could just re-route guests by the lockers and split Express later down the queue, but I don't think that relocation needs to affect the entrance personally.

Thanks for the clarification.
He brought it up when I was complaining about how bad the ride looks, haha

He brought it up when I was complaining about how bad the ride looks, haha
They do an annual rehab every winter. Sometimes they fix/re-skin the animatronics during the month or so long closure, but mostly they clean, repaint, and fix anything broken. Water is unforgiving and the rockwork especially needs to be pressure washed and repainted often. They drain the ride during this time as well.

New lighting packages, for safety reasons as you said, could certainly be part of this winter's rehab, but the closure is not anything out of the ordinary.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They do an annual rehab every winter. Sometimes they fix/re-skin the animatronics during the month or so long closure, but mostly they clean, repaint, and fix anything broken. Water is unforgiving and the rockwork especially needs to be pressure washed and repainted often. They drain the ride during this time as well.

New lighting packages, for safety reasons as you said, could certainly be part of this winter's rehab, but the closure is not anything out of the ordinary.
Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.