Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, that discussion should be saved for the proper outlets, in regards to Zelda..

if it's a Mack, the one that'd make sense is a Multi-Launch, perhaps on a thrill level similar to the being developed Copperhead Strike at Carowinds. And if it's Mack, I'd love for them to take a crack at the Jurassic theming, considering how they do handle theming for their own coasters.

But I'd be totally fine if it's a Intamin Multi-Launch, similar to Maverick.

Mack Rides was created/owned/operated by the Mack family who also built Europa-Park which is the largest Theme Park in Germany and the second most popular park in all of Europe behind only Disneyland Paris. They have some truly great rides from dark, water, theater, and yes coasters. Mack is more than just rollercoasters but they are very damn good at coasters. Europa-Park is a bucket list of mine as it truly looks beautiful with on site hotels and a new highly themed water park on the way. So yeah Mack is more than just coasters don’t believe me google Europa-Park and see for yourself.

Mack Rides was created/owned/operated by the Mack family who also built Europa-Park which is the largest Theme Park in Germany and the second most popular park in all of Europe behind only Disneyland Paris. They have some truly great rides from dark, water, theater, and yes coasters. Mack is more than just rollercoasters but they are very damn good at coasters. Europa-Park is a bucket list of mine as it truly looks beautiful with on site hotels and a new highly themed water park on the way. So yeah Mack is more than just coasters don’t believe me google Europa-Park and see for yourself.
I am much more excited for Europa park next year than Disneyland Paris and am actually surprised in particular that Disney Paris has such high attendance yet cries poor while Europa park consistently is making large expansions with much lower attendance. I guess it would make sense why Europa park is rated number 1.

If they did an indoor dark ride for Zelda, and with the idea a member had about an aerial tour of the Kingdom, I'd love for Universal to hire top notch CGI developers to make the most realistic portrayal of it. Including incorporating all of the trademark games aesthetic looks.

I would not mind a Soarin' version of Zelda.
Boat ride would be amazing too.
Like a story book into (ala Wind Waker) then it emerges as a full ride coaster type for the remainder of the ride...
Idk just spitballin.

I am much more excited for Europa park next year than Disneyland Paris and am actually surprised in particular that Disney Paris has such high attendance yet cries poor while Europa park consistently is making large expansions with much lower attendance. I guess it would make sense why Europa park is rated number 1.

To be fair, Disneyland Paris was saddled with Billions of debt from opening, too many hotels and very expensive licensing fees back to Disney. Europa has had none of that and has been able to invest more cheaply because they own the company building the rides.

Mack make great rides, anything from them would be good, as long as it has some decent theming.

Would it not be odd to install a coaster in JP just after opening a new one in TWWOHP? Just doesn't make sense from a marketing point of view. Would think it makes more sense to clone the gyrosphere ride destined for Beijing - plus all the R&D is done!

Would it not be odd to install a coaster in JP just after opening a new one in TWWOHP? Just doesn't make sense from a marketing point of view. Would think it makes more sense to clone the gyrosphere ride destined for Beijing - plus all the R&D is done!

There's no room for the gyro in IoA. Plus, it's (allegedly) going into Park 3.

A snippit from Lance Hart's recent post about the Jurassic World dark ride coming to Universal Studios Beijing, "One encounter will apparently have your vehicle get spun out of control after coming into contact with the club-like tail of an Ankylosaurus style dinosaur. Skidding to a brief stop to recollect your senses… you’ll find that you are not alone and come face to face with one of the nasty genetically enhanced breeds created in the films. So either an Indominus Rex or an Indoraptor will come flying out of the bushes at you as your vehicle attempted to speed backwards away from it as fast as it can. I’m told that the plan is to make this sequence especially impressive with what will appear to be a realistic looking dinosaur with legs that appears to be running after you. What’s great is that this ride is said to be a mix of 3D projection style effects mixed with real world and animatronic effects and scenery and could end up being one of the most fantastic dark rides Universal has ever created." (Universal Studios Beijing)
This sounds like a possibility, despite the lack of land I think a dark ride similar to this would be super cool to see, especially with the current line-up of Jurassic Park rides. I don't think another launch coaster would come, considering all the park's coasters are already launch rides, I think a 3rd one would be too much.

A snippit from Lance Hart's recent post about the Jurassic World dark ride coming to Universal Studios Beijing, "One encounter will apparently have your vehicle get spun out of control after coming into contact with the club-like tail of an Ankylosaurus style dinosaur. Skidding to a brief stop to recollect your senses… you’ll find that you are not alone and come face to face with one of the nasty genetically enhanced breeds created in the films. So either an Indominus Rex or an Indoraptor will come flying out of the bushes at you as your vehicle attempted to speed backwards away from it as fast as it can. I’m told that the plan is to make this sequence especially impressive with what will appear to be a realistic looking dinosaur with legs that appears to be running after you. What’s great is that this ride is said to be a mix of 3D projection style effects mixed with real world and animatronic effects and scenery and could end up being one of the most fantastic dark rides Universal has ever created." (Universal Studios Beijing)
This sounds like a possibility, despite the lack of land I think a dark ride similar to this would be super cool to see, especially with the current line-up of Jurassic Park rides. I don't think another launch coaster would come, considering all the park's coasters are already launch rides, I think a 3rd one would be too much.

This is more why I see it as JW at FW and JP staying at IOA. The Dinos deserve an out of this world dark ride and technologies make it possible now, there just isnt the room for that at IOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.