Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 473 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

1-jpg.8643
Thanks for the clarification! :)

I've heard...less than favorable things about those coasters, but yea, they are pretty looking

Capacity and reliability would be my biggest concerns. Intamin gets a bad rap but most of their coasters, once running, are fairly reliable. Thus, I would prefer that this be an Intamin, although I like the Megalite designs more than the Blitz. They are similar but Megalite looks more enjoyable. Plus, I actually like lift hills, even those with cable drives.

Capacity and reliability would be my biggest concerns. Intamin gets a bad rap but most of their coasters, once running, are fairly reliable. Thus, I would prefer that this be an Intamin, although I like the Megalite designs more than the Blitz. They are similar but Megalite looks more enjoyable. Plus, I actually like lift hills, even those with cable drives.

From what I've seen of the Raptor design from RMC, it feels like what it is: Cheap. That's not a *bad* thing persay, for regional parks looking to add a smaller addition, but I don't think it fits in a park of Universal's caliber.

I'd personally prefer a Blitz with no lift hill, but it sounds like we're getting a lift according to @Alicia

Reactions: SkiBum
From what I've seen of the Raptor design from RMC, it feels like what it is: Cheap. That's not a *bad* thing persay, for regional parks looking to add a smaller addition, but I don't think it fits in a park of Universal's caliber.

I'd personally prefer a Blitz with no lift hill, but it sounds like we're getting a lift according to @Alicia
I never said there would be a lift hill. I think launches like Potter. Just taller. A lot taller.

It's designed to be cheap for small parks, it's the more interesting T-Rex design (two aside seating) that would work. And yeah no lift, it's launched.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Once again, it may be better to wait until Hollywood opens their Jurassic World before dreading it for IOA. ;)

I am quite intrigued to see what USH does with it, I will say that.

It would be cool if they had a low height "electric fence" along the lagoon patio so guests could watch the "raptors" zoom by like the Cheetah exhibit in Busch Gardens

:eat:

I never said there would be a lift hill. I think launches like Potter. Just taller. A lot taller.

Thank goodness, I hope your intel is right. The one thing standing between me and RRR is that drop. I can take Hulk any day, but give me a lift hill and steep drop, and I am out.

With the Raptor Encounter moving, I wonder if we'll be able to see it from the River Adventure queue.

I used to work on JPRA and that extended queue area sit fairly higher than the loading area, so it is possible but it can easily be cover with a few plants. I think all you'll able to experience from the loading zone might be the Raptor sound but I guess it will blend with the atmosphere.

Everyone always seems to review the Raptor models really positively, though. Although having said that, I'd agree that it probably wouldn't be the best fit for a park of Universal's scale.

I used to work on JPRA and that extended queue area sit fairly higher than the loading area, so it is possible but it can easily be cover with a few plants. I think all you'll able to experience from the loading zone might be the Raptor sound but I guess it will blend with the atmosphere.
That would certainly make the River Adventure queue a little less bland!

Everyone always seems to review the Raptor models really positively, though. Although having said that, I'd agree that it probably wouldn't be the best fit for a park of Universal's scale.
I rode Wonder Woman Golden Lasso at SF Fiesta 3 times and it was amazing. I've done few RMC but this ride has a totally different feel to it. Once I did it for the first time, my 1st reaction was "wow I just felt like I was riding a SW's Speeder Bike" It might be 30 something seconds long but it just won't let you breath until you hit the brake station. I wish SWGE would add something like this in the future but I know Disney just can't handle coasters well, so hoping for SeaWorld or BG to bring one to Florida.

Reactions: Disneyhead
It's designed to be cheap for small parks, it's the more interesting T-Rex design (two aside seating) that would work. And yeah no lift, it's launched.

While a launch is thrilling, no doubt, and would fit with a raptor experience, I liked lift hills because it generally meant that the ride would be longer than two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.