Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 477 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mack Powered suspended would be a perfect replacement for Pteranodon Flyers. Same layout, but now more capacity and adults can ride. Also, heard a rumor P-Flyers may close after the new coaster starts construction. No clue how true that is, but it is something I heard recently.

Wouldn't that cost more than it's worth, for something that short?

Reactions: natespf
Mack Powered suspended would be a perfect replacement for Pteranodon Flyers. Same layout, but now more capacity and adults can ride. Also, heard a rumor P-Flyers may close after the new coaster starts construction. No clue how true that is, but it is something I heard recently.

Yeah, I could see Mack offer *a* JP coaster but not THIS JP coaster.

I don't think Mack would be doing anything with Zelda or Pokemon but I could see them working with Universal on the third dry park. Still have Dreamworks and Monsters rides.

Reactions: truejonas
Yeah, I could see Mack offer *a* JP coaster but not THIS JP coaster.

I don't think Mack would be doing anything with Zelda or Pokemon but I could see them working with Universal on the third dry park. Still have Dreamworks and Monsters rides.
Wouldnt the removal of PF and it being replaced with a Mack Powered invert mean almost all of Camp Jurassic would be removed to fit an expanded station/queue/layout ?

I cant see them replacing PF for a more typical coaster now they've worked out they can charge adults to go on it at after hours events.

I would love them to though, a suspended people mover style attraction with tree branches rustling and Dino AAs snapping at your feet as you go over would be superb.

Reactions: therock
If the new coaster is going to be JW and Camp Jurassic is also getting changed to JW, then is there any reasonable possibility that JPRA doesn't also get upgraded a la Hollywood?

Reactions: therock
A few folks have told me 2021 as well. No clue how valid that is, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
Perhaps Universal is just ceding 2020 to Disney, and planning to live off the overflow from all the WDW stuff. Kind of similar to how WDW was able to feed off the extra tourists Universal brought to Orlando with Hogsmeade and Diagon. Plus, they're probably still counting on tourist visits for the Potter coaster to last into 2021.......But I still think a basically unthemed coaster should be ready for 2020. Seems incomprehensible it will take until 2021 to build it if they're starting construction soon.

Reactions: Andysol
Perhaps Universal is just ceding 2020 to Disney, and planning to live off the overflow from all the WDW stuff. Kind of similar to how WDW was able to feed off the extra tourists Universal brought to Orlando with Hogsmeade and Diagon. Plus, they're probably still counting on tourist visits for the Potter coaster to last into 2021.......But I still think a basically unthemed coaster should be ready for 2020. Seems incomprehensible it will take until 2021 to build it if they're starting construction soon.

First, I don't know if this thing opens in 2020 or 2021. Second, what's with this "ceding" stuff? WDW isn't UOR and vice versa, I think Universal knows they need a draw in 2020 to get people over to the resort. In 2014 Disney threw everything Frozen into DHS when Diagon opened.

Duly noted. In The Loop did their Jan update video and said the JP coaster is a 2021 project? Any chance it doesnt open next yr?
There is a chance, but probably likely as 2020, it's not hard to make a coaster (even with theming) go up in a year...He also said that Bourne is 2020 because they are "blowing out walls"

There is a chance, but probably likely as 2020, it's not hard to make a coaster (even with theming) go up in a year...He also said that Bourne is 2020 because they are "blowing out walls"
It also shouldn't have been hard to clone F&F from Hollywood yet that still managed to take them 3 years.

I also don't think there is much precedent for building a large coaster over guest areas in a year round theme park, so it doesn't really make sense for us to be deciding when it should be done.

Reactions: truejonas
Status
Not open for further replies.