Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 497 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not. The mosasaur he's a world-building, gun on the mantle in the first World, and a glorified cameo in the second.

I really do not understand the obsession with the creature. An AA version would be too slow (at actual size) to really be impressive. The only way it works is as a screen. And do you really want that?
Your saying I Rex and indo raptor will get more play and make better AA’s if they are even added.

Well it’s just cool to finally see marine reptiles included in the Jurassic Franchise finally. I’m sure their could be a few more in the third JW film but won’t be center of attention.

Technically though, the Mosasaurus isn't "new" to the series, as she and a Tylosaurus have popped up in Jurassic material before; with the Telltale series.

Also add the Duck-Billed Dino herself/himself (those damn frog genes) as one, and you got three that existed prior to Jurassic World.

I really think they should save the Mosasaur for the Lagoon, and not clutter the River Adventure with it - they can really play with it there, and it "makes sense". That way they can focus on other more logical animals and scenes for the River Adventure.

Also, for the River Adventure - replace the Parasaurolophus that knocks you off track with a Spinosaurus popping out of the water - it would feel more thrilling IMO. No need to keep it canon to just one film, create an experience that runs parallel to the films, pulling from all their iconic creatures and moments.

I dunno if the Indoraptor is nearly as popular as the Indominus Rex, but if they wanted to include it, I feel like something involving the Discovery Center could work - more like the Gringotts dragon.

Finally, if the Raptor Encounter gets a proper permanent locale, they should totally build a holding pen with some other (limited scope, maybe just blinking heads in harnesses) Velociraptors behind it for a more authentic experience.

i2iwoZ6.png

Technically though, the Mosasaurus isn't "new" to the series, as she and a Tylosaurus have popped up in Jurassic material before; with the Telltale series.

Also add the Duck-Billed Dino herself/himself (those damn frog genes) as one, and you got three that existed prior to Jurassic World.
Mosasaurus is new to the movieverse. Everything else is just noise.

It is possible that they could enclose the Three Broomsticks patio and just expand the dining room. They have been actively plussing things in WWHP since the start, and expanding the dining room would give much needed capacity as well as taking care of the view/noise of a new coaster right up against the back of that patio as well as the other disruptions to the site lines of Wizarding World.

That’s ok! I think there will be people who prefer this to the Potter coaster. I also think there who be not an unsubstantial amount of fans and guests who prefer the Potter coaster to the SWGE rides. They’re all excellent and it’ll be up to personal styles and preferences.
Saying “they’re all excellent” might be underselling Potter.
The JP coaster will probably be fun. Much like Hulk is fun.

I’ve said on this forum for years now that I have been waiting for a decade for either Disney or Universal to reinvent a roller coaster. Much in the same way ToT and Splash reinvented drop towers and flume rides. That’s why I’ve said ToT and Splash are the best attractions at Disney. Simply because they reinvented a genre.

I think the HP coaster is going to be on that level and completely reinvent the roller coaster genre. I truly believe, love or hate of IP, that it’s going to be the best roller coaster in the world.

Yes, the park with 2 of what most consider the top dark rides in the world “needs it”.
I’ve always said Kong was a perfect addition to IoA.

They could certainly still use another indoor attraction, in particular now that they haven’t been a “locals” park for several years and are a true destination resort. And that will only increase with park 4.

It’s still Florida, and it still rains. 9 attractions will now shut down in that almost daily event. You don’t want your park only having 4 attractions open at that time; w/ Kong and its anticipatory outdoor scene bypassed being one of them and CitH being the other.

They could certainly still use another indoor attraction, in particular now that they haven’t been a “locals” park for several years and are a true destination resort. And that will only increase with park 4.

It’s still Florida, and it still rains. 9 attractions will now shut down in that almost daily event. You don’t want your park only having 4 attractions open at that time; w/ Kong and its anticipatory outdoor scene bypassed being one of them and CitH being the other.

These two coasters are replacing the two coasters they removed with DD/DC. In that context it makes sense.

These two coasters are replacing the two coasters they removed with DD/DC. In that context it makes sense.

No doubt. Totally agree.

My response was to @Brian G. Saying IoA didn’t need another dark ride. And that’s simply incorrect. When it was a locals park, that was true. But they’ve been a resort destination for several years now (in particular after VB), and will only be more of one as park 4 opens.

It rains in Florida. Did everyone forget? They need more counterbalance.

No doubt. Totally agree.

My response was to @Brian G. Saying IoA didn’t need another dark ride. And that’s simply incorrect. When it was a locals park, that was true. But they’ve been a resort destination for several years now (in particular after VB), and will only be more of one as park 4 opens.

It rains in Florida. Did everyone forget? They need more counterbalance.

I was approaching it from the angle that the addition of the JP coaster doesn’t expose some dark ride flaw in the park; considering we have SpiderMan, FJ, Kong, Cat in the Hat (and from a Creative aspect, all they’ve added lately are dark rides).

Indoor activities does not equal dark ride - although dark ride is such a broad statement now, I guess - so... I can concede that.

But also, consider who I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.