Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 500 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there have been plenty of comparisons to Taron for this coaster but one that does have very similar elements (launches, rockwork, going over water) and is compact is Maverick. Any chance its more along the lines of that minus the lift ?

The first lift on it is just an LSM launch so maybe this will be the same. And it even had the heartline roll that I've seen mentioned in here a few times but it was removed during testing

So is this going to be more similar to Maverick or Cheetah Hunt? I ask that because the Pottercoaster is similar to Cheetah Hunt. I hope this coaster is different enough from Pottercoaster, but again, I'll happily take this over screen rides.

There seems to be a lot of confusion around coasters to compare it to. Instead of looking for clues from past coasters I’d suggest you look at the future instead. A lot of the ride profile is going to be in a similar style to this...

I'd argue that that's more like the Harry Potter coaster. Backwards sections, stalls, banked turns, everything except the inversions and top hat are right next door.

Reactions: Yung1522
I'd argue that that's more like the Harry Potter coaster. Backwards sections, stalls, banked turns, everything except the inversions and top hat are right next door.

Not even close. If you ignore the switch track portion, parc asterix new coaster is much more in line with what JP is going to be versus what HP is. HP is much more Cheetah Hunt/Verbolten whereas JP is going to be much more of a next gen Intamin layout.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Not even close. If you ignore the switch track portion, parc asterix new coaster is much more in line with what JP is going to be versus what HP is. HP is much more Cheetah Hunt/Verbolten whereas JP is going to be much more of a next gen Intamin layout.
Judging by the top down of JP, I wouldn't be surprised if they were both designed by the same guy too

There seems to be a lot of confusion around coasters to compare it to. Instead of looking for clues from past coasters I’d suggest you look at the future instead. A lot of the ride profile is going to be in a similar style to this...

Given that this uses an LSM triple launch to get over its top hat and the JP coaster doesn't appear to have that, is there any chance that the second launch on JP is accelerator style rather than LSM?

Given that this uses an LSM triple launch to get over its top hat and the JP coaster doesn't appear to have that, is there any chance that the second launch on JP is accelerator style rather than LSM?

No, JP coaster will use LSMs. Both launches are forward propulsion only, like Taron and Maverick. You’ll notice with Intamin, that even their larger coasters like Red Force in Spain use LSMs too. Less moving parts equals increased reliability.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The Parc Asterix (and Walibi Belgium) blitz were actually designed by a new guy they hired not too long ago, Camiel Bilsen. He used to be a NL2 YouTuber and now Intamin picked him up recently.

Really, CoasterLabs..

huh, how time flies sometimes.

That makes this project somewhat interesting, if he's apart of it. Color me..intrigued, to see the end result.

Reactions: gabe3235
I think you know the answer to that.

So it's almost a certainty this will be a 2020 attraction. My guess is once it opens, JPRA will go down for its retheme, and Jurassic World River Adventure/a general refresh of the land will be the big 2021 project

That was what I was thinking. This gives them their 2020 and 2021 attractions for IOA.

If you had to choose between potter and Kong to make more room for JW expansion you guys say it’s not happening but what if JW doesn’t come to the 4th gate? Then JW could expand at IOA but something must be taken out what could it be? Could sinbad show be replaced by JW? Too far from the land i guess. That’s why Kong puts JP/JW expansion in a tough spot even though most of you don’t agree. Reign Of Kong will be their for many many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.