Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kong would’ve been a great replacement for the mummy at USF later down the line. But getting back on track is their any room for JP to expand around the lagoon for a water attraction? After the Jp coaster?

After the JP coaster is installed that will be the end of additions for this land. Minus the River Adventure retheme. There is no more room. Only thing they can do afterwards is replace P Flyers with another family ride. Other than that? Nope. If you want more JW stuff than your only hope is the 4th gate.

i hate to be so against change because in theory I think Jurassic Park being upgraded to something more modern IS a good thing, but I can't deny my feelings of sadness that Jurassic World could be that upgrade. I do not feel the brand identity of Jurassic World has the longevity of Jurassic Park, and feels stale and industrial. If the roller coaster is themed to World, and the Discovery center is updated to the one in World, I just feel it loses the personality of adventure that I associate with Islands of Adventure.

i hate to be so against change because in theory I think Jurassic Park being upgraded to something more modern IS a good thing, but I can't deny my feelings of sadness that Jurassic World could be that upgrade. I do not feel the brand identity of Jurassic World has the longevity of Jurassic Park, and feels stale and industrial. If the roller coaster is themed to World, and the Discovery center is updated to the one in World, I just feel it loses the personality of adventure that I associate with Islands of Adventure.
You’d rather see jurrasic park stay the same?

You’d rather see jurrasic park stay the same?

I'm sorry if my vernacular wasn't clear or was confusing. What I said is that I don't believe the grey industrial brand identity of Jurassic World has the longevity to last the duration of something a bit more vibrant. The greys that can be found in the color palette for World is of an industrial like trend of the 2010's, but I don't believe the look will stay popular for years to come. I think a coaster and an upgrade is necessary for the park, but Jurassic World doesn't have the longevity in it's movies or in its brand identity alone. I'm not against new rides and new technology being explored in the Jurassic Park land, in fact, I'm for that.

I'm sorry if my vernacular wasn't clear or was confusing. What I said is that I don't believe the grey industrial brand identity of Jurassic World has the longevity to last the duration of something a bit more vibrant. The greys that can be found in the color palette for World is of an industrial like trend of the 2010's, but I don't believe the look will stay popular for years to come. I think a coaster and an upgrade is necessary for the park, but Jurassic World doesn't have the longevity in it's movies or in its brand identity alone. I'm not against new rides and new technology being explored in the Jurassic Park land, in fact, I'm for that.
I kind of hope they continue building the Jurassic land as its own entity, with its own identity. When they used the yellow electric fence supports for the new raptor encounter for example. That wasn't based on either Park or World. And in doing so, it remains unique to Orlando, and timeless in its own special way.

Me too yeah we don’t know for sure if JW is coming over to the fourth gate or should they expand with more JW at the fourth gate then upgrade the JP land into JW. They can always include more attractions with JW at the new property if they choose to do so.

I’m not a huge fan of the JW color scheme either. It seems a little too boring or muted for a theme park environment. Since IoA is a bunch of fantasy worlds, it’s got quite the rich color palette. Marvel, Seuss, and Toon Lagoon are very colorful. LC, Kong, and JP use a smaller set of colors, but with a lot more depth.

Long story short, if they keep the jungle vibe, it’ll be fine. But, a barren land filled with blues and whites won’t look good.

I’m not a huge fan of the JW color scheme either. It seems a little too boring or muted for a theme park environment. Since IoA is a bunch of fantasy worlds, it’s got quite the rich color palette. Marvel, Seuss, and Toon Lagoon are very colorful. LC, Kong, and JP use a smaller set of colors, but with a lot more depth.

Long story short, if they keep the jungle vibe, it’ll be fine. But, a barren land filled with blues and whites won’t look good.
Yea I agree.

I kind of hope they continue building the Jurassic land as its own entity, with its own identity. When they used the yellow electric fence supports for the new raptor encounter for example. That wasn't based on either Park or World. And in doing so, it remains unique to Orlando, and timeless in its own special way.
I like the theory Disneyhead has presented many a time. That fits into the Universal land basically being it's own entity. It doesn't have to be JP or JW.

Jurassic Park and World are literally the same franchise but with a different coat of paint. If the new coaster was JP themed than the attraction would of been green, yellow, or red. Literally the same ride. I’m not sure why people are so up and arms over a color pallet. As for the movies. The only good films in the franchise have been the original and world. But this is subjective. River Adventure needs an update. Universal rarely updates rides unless it completely changes it to something new. Hulk and Spidey was an exception because they don’t want to lose the license to poor maintenance to Disney. So basically if the World franchise didn’t exist we would of been stuck with an aging land and boat ride for probably who knows how long. I don’t find that very exciting. I’m not saying you have to like the change. But, the change is gonna be so minuscule that it’s probably not really worth the effort of worry.

I like the theory Disneyhead has presented many a time. That fits into the Universal land basically being it's own entity. It doesn't have to be JP or JW.
Well, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World are theme parks on Isla Nublar. Our Jurassic Park is on Isla Aventura. It's like the Original Jurassic Park is like Disneyland. Our's is like Disneyland Paris.

Jurassic Park and World are literally the same franchise but with a different coat of paint. If the new coaster was JP themed than the attraction would of been green, yellow, or red. Literally the same ride. I’m not sure why people are so up and arms over a color pallet. As for the movies. The only good films in the franchise have been the original and world. But this is subjective. River Adventure needs an update. Universal rarely updates rides unless it completely changes it to something new. Hulk and Spidey was an exception because they don’t want to lose the license to poor maintenance to Disney. So basically if the World franchise didn’t exist we would of been stuck with an aging land and boat ride for probably who knows how long. I don’t find that very exciting. I’m not saying you have to like the change. But, the change is gonna be so minuscule that it’s probably not really worth the effort of worry.

My basis lands on the effect a color has on the environment surrounding the area. It may be the same ride, but a color does impact the rider's experience. If Coke decided to go with a purple logo and have a completely different logo, it would change the experience. The rebranding to a new color and a new theme not only takes away the vibrant environment, but singles out the movie to be associated with World rather than making it it's own thing. I agree with the notion that Jurassic Park is Islands of Adventure should be its own thing and not something of a franchise like World or Park. Color is a huge part of a surrounding environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.