Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 528 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I dont think they would waste their time picking out promo artwork specifically from JW and put it all along the walls if it wasnt going to be themed to it at this point right?
I think they’re just making the area pretty. These are the same promotional images given to toy companies etc for license agreements. Part of their brand guide for Fallen Kingdom, hence the baby raptors. It’s also the same art they’ve pulled from for the flats in the gift shops right now. I don’t think this has anything to do with the ride itself (at least not intentionally).

There’s a lot of work walls up, and I’m happy they’ve added a little color to them. But I wouldn’t read into it too much.

That said, of course the new ride will star the Raptor Squad from Jurassic World. Of course.

I think they’re just making the area pretty. These are the same promotional images given to toy companies etc for license agreements. Part of their brand guide for Fallen Kingdom, hence the baby raptors. It’s also the same art they’ve pulled from for the flats in the gift shops right now. I don’t think this has anything to do with the ride itself (at least not intentionally).

There’s a lot of work walls up, and I’m happy they’ve added a little color to them. But I wouldn’t read into it too much.

That said, of course the new ride will star the Raptor Squad from Jurassic World. Of course.
Yeah I noticed almost all of it was art used to promote Fallen Kingdom, especially the Raptors. Idk in my opinion you could have just as easily put up images from the series like how they have them in Jurassic Outfitters

Yeah I noticed almost all of it was art used to promote Fallen Kingdom, especially the Raptors. Idk in my opinion you could have just as easily put up images from the series like how they have them in Jurassic Outfitters
I don’t blame them for pulling from the most recently approved art. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Tyc00n96
Yeah I understand that too. Still, my money is on JW coming regardless of todays discovery
Oh, you mean for the whole land. Yea probably. That’s what they want. They’re just waiting to make sure they don’t have another Fast and Furious level lame response for the river ride redo before bringing it here.

The new coaster is 100% based on Jurassic World regardless of the land’s future though.

Reactions: Tyc00n96
Oh, you mean for the whole land. Yea probably. That’s what they want. They’re just waiting to make sure they don’t have another Fast and Furious level lame response for the river ride redo before bringing it here.

The new coaster is 100% based on Jurassic World regardless of the land’s future though.
Fast & Furious debacle finally serves a useful purpose.

I think the JW overhaul in Hollywood looks very promising and if it’s good, I’d love to see it come to orlando.
Fast & Furious debacle finally serves a useful purpose.

That really is the silver lining. Universal got a good boot up the arse and everybody was vocal about their disgust so it should hopefully never happen again and it couldn’t have happened at a better time.

I think the JW overhaul in Hollywood looks very promising and if it’s good, I’d love to see it come to orlando.

That really is the silver lining. Universal got a good boot up the arse and everybody was vocal about their disgust so it should hopefully never happen again and it couldn’t have happened at a better time.
Even Brady has a bad game every now and then. F&F was UC's bad game. They look like they're on a roll again. :thumbsup:....Now their game plan for the new park should be Belichick planning level.

Reactions: truejonas

Doesn't that pretty much confirm that river adventure and the whole island will get a JW upgrade? Even if not to the same level as Hollywood?

I think it would be a bit confusing/jarring for JW and JP to be in the same place unless JP is the dilapidated remnants of the old park like in the first Jurassic World movie.

Reactions: natespf

And we know how they react to negative stimuli

Our suffering has not been in vain

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog
I think the JW overhaul in Hollywood looks very promising

Cosmetically, from the few vantage points we've been able to see, I agree it looks promising, but I feel we don't know enough about the substance of what's actually going to happen in the new ride experience to automatically assume it's going to be an upgrade.

For example, if the first half of the ride is purely/mostly screens stuff, instead of actual dinosaur AAs, that would be quite a step backwards if it were to come to Islands of Adventure. In my opinion.

Especially considering that I don't think the CGI in the JW movies is particularly great, outside of a few moments, and screens-based dinos are surely going to be using those existing ILM assets/digital models.

Even Brady has a bad game every now and then. F&F was UC's bad game. They look like they're on a roll again. :thumbsup:....Now their game plan for the new park should be Belichick planning level.

Will Universal's game plan also involve secretly video taping Imagineering meetings, then?

;)

Doesn't that pretty much confirm that river adventure and the whole island will get a JW upgrade? Even if not to the same level as Hollywood?

I think it would be a bit confusing/jarring for JW and JP to be in the same place unless JP is the dilapidated remnants of the old park like in the first Jurassic World movie.

IOA’s Jurassic Park not being Isla Nublar allows Universal to pick and choose thematic elements from whichever movies they want without having to be tied to a specific locale. The new coaster can be "themed" to the style of JW, but "Jurassic World" doesn't need to be in the ride's name, for example.

That doesn’t mean they won’t rebrand everything to JW, but it does mean they don’t have to.

The put Blue in Raptor Encounter and no one complained. They know they can get away with a coaster starring Owen and Blue in a land called Jurassic Park.

They’d prefer to redo the land to World. But they don’t care if it’s a mishmash if they don’t.

This.

I'm not saying people can't read into it a bit. The raptors are definitely a deliberate choice - and I could see the babies being integrated into the queue or pre-show somehow!

But keep in mind they don't have renders from the other film. I've seen the style guides asset library for the Jurassic Park films, and it's sparse - and what they have wouldn't fly on these walls without a lot of love to spruce it all up with some new art to pull it together. On the flip side, the JW renders are ready to go as is and look great.

Side note: they don't have renders for the other raptors as adults - all they ever made were these awkward and inaccurate renders in 2014.

oeUd80c.jpg

This.

I'm not saying people can't read into it a bit. The raptors are definitely a deliberate choice - and I could see the babies being integrated into the queue or pre-show somehow!

But keep in mind they don't have renders from the other film. I've seen the style guides asset library for the Jurassic Park films, and it's sparse - and what they have wouldn't fly on these walls without a lot of love to spruce it all up with some new art to pull it together. On the flip side, the JW renders are ready to go as is and look great.

Side note: they don't have renders for the other raptors as adults - all they ever made were these awkward and inaccurate renders in 2014.

oeUd80c.jpg
Thanks for the information. The style guides are great for companies licensing products, but I kinda get tired seeing the same images on literally EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the information. The style guides are great for companies licensing products, but I kinda get tired seeing the same images on literally EVERYTHING.

Oh I agree!! I wish they would at least cook up some new diverse renders for ALL of the dinosaurs ILM worked on, and really throw some variety into it.

There is something about Jurassic key art that particularly feels sparse and repetitive since the World films.

It would take a little time, love, and of course, money... but I also wish they would cook up modern, high quality renders for Jurassic Park designs.

Reactions: Alicia and belloq87
Oh I agree!! I wish they would at least cook up some new diverse renders for ALL of the dinosaurs ILM worked on, and really throw some variety into it.

There is something about Jurassic key art that particularly feels sparse and repetitive since the World films.

It would take a little time, love, and of course, money... but I also wish they would cook up modern, high quality renders for Jurassic Park designs.
I miss the days where they took the Stan Winston dinosaur models and did photo shoots with them to use for marketing and licensing purposes, especially for The Lost World. Those were the good ol days.

IOA’s Jurassic Park not being Isla Nublar allows Universal to pick and choose thematic elements from whichever movies they want without having to be tied to a specific locale. The new coaster can be "themed" to the style of JW, but "Jurassic World" doesn't need to be in the ride's name, for example.

That doesn’t mean they won’t rebrand everything to JW, but it does mean they don’t have to.

I get that.
But do you think anyone apart from theme park fans has the slightest clue that JP at IOA is not supposed to be Isla Nublar? I don't think they do.

Even if they dont upgrade river adventure I just dont see how they can not update the theming for the rest of the island, it would be weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.