Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 538 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding theming/immersion - I think there's gotta be a line of expectations. Obviously, we expect the best from world-class theme parks to immerse us into a fantasy world, but we also have to check our expectations. After all, reality has its limits. Seeing a showbuilding, a coaster track, etc... shouldn't ruin an experience for you, or be a deal breaker.

I know it's a discussion board - but it doesn't mean we need to debate everything. Just my 2 cents
That's what the new park is for

IOA has always been unapologetic about its coaster track

Personally, I don't think putting everything in a mountain is the answer

How accurate are the plans that were leaked? I was noticing that the show building protrudes out right where the track launches toward the lagoon up the top hat. Is it possible the track launches through the building before entering the top hat? I had previously thought it just went above the building.

How accurate are the plans that were leaked? I was noticing that the show building protrudes out right where the track launches toward the lagoon up the top hat. Is it possible the track launches through the building before entering the top hat? I had previously thought it just went above the building.
It's possible that there will be a tunnel around that long launch. Unclear at this time, but WFTV did include a tunnel in their rendering so I'm thinking yea.

Reactions: Ryno27 and soilsigh
Maybe it could be like a short cave tunnel that it passes through on the second launch. You'd pass by too fast for there to be anything noteworthy in there

Oh most definitely. There doesn't need to be anything in there. It will be fun going through a tunnel at a high speed.
I like that you chose the word cave. It dawned on me that this building may not appear to be a building from the outside.

I was thinking it would be some type of lab with a helicopter pad on the roof. Yea the helicopter pad is wishful thinking. I just thought it would be cool if they alluded to their original plans of having a helicopter simulator ride from way back in the day.

This building really could be anything at this point.

Reactions: gabe3235
I just cannot wait to see this top hat!! Like i can't believe that there is going to be a top hat in universal, its so extreme looking:exclap:

Why'd they decide to keep that one single tree? The one that has orange netting around it. I mean it is cool looking and I'm all for it but still.
Trees like that cost a bunch and take a long time to establish so I am happy they are saving it. Once they fill the area back in it will anchor the landscape. I was glad they saved a lot of the big palms and placed them front and center as you come in from I-4. They really make a statement.

*tree sidenote*

That tree and palm combo is called a specimen plant in the industry. I am quite sure that tree is a form of Fig that has enveloped the trunk of the palm (think strangler fig). There is at least one other of these in the DC area further up the path.

It might looks something like this up close:

6563edb2ec2862f4285a86bc12aad7f7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.