Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 562 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any confirmation on when this could be up and running?

I would imagine 2021, but it is 2020 possible?

Mid-Late 2020 or Early 2021.

Dragon Challenge closed September 2017 and Hagrid is June 2019. Not even two years. If you use that timeline the ride should open in the Fall... but this coaster is a lot simpler than Hagrid and could open a few months earlier.

Reactions: FatalBubbles
I'm thinking we're gonna start to see some accelerated movement in the construction once they get the Trike barns demoed. I'm thinking it'll be a bit to prepare that section of land afterwards, but once they clear it, things should start going up. It's all a matter of how much time it takes to fill the pits under the barns. So as far as 2020 vs. 2021, it's still a crapshoot.

Reactions: Alicia
So one of the latest rumors out of the website Coaster Force is that Mack Rides announced at a press conference at Europa Park that they’d be building one of their largest coasters ever at one of the American Universal parks.

IOA | Unknown | Jurassic Park Launch Coaster

I’m not sure about the validity of this, as I haven’t seen a video/link of this press conference, but if they’re targeting for a 2020 opening, you’ll most likely see Mack-branded crates and footers in the near future.

So one of the latest rumors out of the website Coaster Force is that Mack Rides announced at a press conference at Europa Park that they’d be building one of their largest coasters ever at one of the American Universal parks.

IOA | Unknown | Jurassic Park Launch Coaster

I’m not sure about the validity of this, as I haven’t seen a video/link of this press conference, but if they’re targeting for a 2020 opening, you’ll most likely see Mack-branded crates and footers in the near future.

That's probably for Fantastic Worlds. It's kind of funny, because I was literally about to make a blue-sky post with a Blue Fire clone as the headlining coaster. Turns out Mack beat me to that prediction.

I mean, it wouldn't be a bad idea. The Blue Fire mega-coaster model is cheap, easy to theme, easy to modify, and relatively short (height-wise) so it doesn't ruin sightlines within the park. It would also be unique in the US.
With them being capable of rides like Copperhead Strike, Icon, and DC Rivals, i'd hate for that space to go to waste on another Blue Fire

Reactions: Dhdhddh
With them being capable of rides like Copperhead Strike, Icon, and DC Rivals, i'd hate for that space to go to waste on another Blue Fire

Copperhead Strike and Icon are great rides, but they're not exactly cheap. If Universal wants to build a relatively cheap coaster that they could theme to the max, this is it. Spend the leftover money on other areas of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.