Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume if Mack-Rides is doing a large scale coaster that's for UFW, it won't be a Blue Fire clone.

That said, it would be somewhat funny if this was them all along, and not Intamin.

I kind of assumed that after I read that news lol. Maybe something like a highly-themed Copperhead Strike would work wonders here. I don't see any way that this coaster is a Mack though.

Why post about a new coaster in fantastic worlds in the blue sky thread when you can just talk about it in the Jurassic world thread? :read:

Late 2020 or early 2021.

So as far as 2020 vs. 2021, it's still a crapshoot.

It really all depends on Universal, right? If they really wanted to move on this thing, they could have it open by summer 2020. But why?

Personally, I’m fine with Spring 2021 if that means a JW redo including something similar to JPRA that USH is getting. Assuming it turns out for the better, of course.

Then again, opening it up in partial stages would be ok as well. New raptor encounter summer 2020, coaster fall/winter 2020, JPRA Spring 2021, etc.
It'll be interesting to see how they do it. Not expecting to know anything though until ~3 months before they open, considering that’s their MO.

Why post about a new coaster in fantastic worlds in the blue sky thread when you can just talk about it in the Jurassic world thread? :read:

It really all depends on Universal, right? If they really wanted to move on this thing, they could have it open by summer 2020. But why?

Personally, I’m fine with Spring 2021 if that means a JW redo including something similar to JPRA that USH is getting. Assuming it turns out for the better, of course.

Then again, opening it up in partial stages would be ok as well. New raptor encounter summer 2020, coaster fall/winter 2020, JPRA Spring 2021, etc.
It'll be interesting to see how they do it. Not expecting to know anything though until ~3 months before they open, considering that’s their MO.

God forbid they don't theme the pavements

Here's some unreleased aerial shots from Reverse Imagineering, taken on April 6th when they got the Hagrid shots. Please follow them on Twitter and visit their website as a way to say thank you for sharing these with us!!! (They have a great new story up now with a new, really high-quality, 3D model of Galaxy's Edge and close up photos.)

Zoom in on the first one, on bottom-left you can see where they've been clearing the Trike Encounter plot, but the barns haven't been demolished yet.

JP-01.jpg

JP-02.jpg

JP-03.jpg

JP-04.jpg

JP-05.jpg

Taking bets on whether they pull the trigger on the Dark Arts show without a new bridge?
No idea when they'll start it, since there's good arguments for both an early summer start and/or a start after the bridge is built. BUT, an overflow bridge really shouldn't matter, since they're still running the Hogwart's night show on most evenings now, and the bridge is gone. It's tough for crowd control, but a new show can't get the area any more crowded. Anytime I've been back there for the present show, it's shoulder to shoulder crowded with no space anywhere. A new show won't be able to fit any more people in that space, so why wait for the bridge to be built. If they had closed down the present show because of the lack of an overflow bridge, then it would make sense to wait until it's built. But the fact they're still running a show that brings capacity crowds should make the argument for crowd control delaying the start of a new show a moot point.

No idea when they'll start it, since there's good arguments for both an early summer start and/or a start after the bridge is built. BUT, an overflow bridge really shouldn't matter, since they're still running the Hogwart's night show on most evenings now, and the bridge is gone. It's tough for crowd control, but a new show can't get the area any more crowded. Anytime I've been back there for the present show, it's shoulder to shoulder crowded with no space anywhere. A new show won't be able to fit any more people in that space, so why wait for the bridge to be built. If they had closed down the present show because of the lack of an overflow bridge, then it would make sense to wait until it's built. But the fact they're still running a show that brings capacity crowds should make the argument for crowd control delaying the start of a new show a moot point.
What about after Hagrids opens?

What about after Hagrids opens?
I understand, but it's shoulder to shoulder now so you can't fit any more people in for viewing then they're doing now. The people exiting from Hagrids will be filling the same space whether it's the old show or new show to watch. To me, it only makes sense if they didn't run any night projection show until the bridge is built. Otherwise it's just trading one full capacity show for a new full capacity show. 'Full capacity' are the key words.

Status
Not open for further replies.