Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing temporary. But yea, looks like a drive-through window right now.
It looks like what it is -- something thrown together rather quickly out of necessity in an awkward area.

The previous location's set-up was so good. Not just because it was kind of isolated, but also because the fencing and amount of foliage really gave the sense that it was a zoological exhibit. It felt like it warranted almost being considered a "legitimate" attraction, rather than just a meet-and-greet.

I doubt it's permanent, and I expect it to be worked into the coaster site once complete
My understanding (which I differ to @RollermanDan and @Alicia on this project) is that it's a temporary move and a permanent and expanded meet and greet will be built as part of the new attraction.

Fingers-crossed. Because I'm not an extreme coaster person, the best I've been hoping for is that the project wouldn't end up being actively detrimental to my enjoyment of the land. This new Raptor Encounter certainly won't help if it's intended to be the status quo even after the coaster opens.

It looks like what it is -- something thrown together rather quickly out of necessity in an awkward area.

The previous location's set-up was so good. Not just because it was kind of isolated, but also because the fencing and amount of foliage really gave the sense that it was a zoological exhibit. It felt like it warranted almost being considered a "legitimate" attraction, rather than just a meet-and-greet.

Fingers-crossed. Because I'm not an extreme coaster person, the best I've been hoping for is that the project wouldn't end up being actively detrimental to my enjoyment of the land. This new Raptor Encounter certainly won't help if it's intended to be the status quo even after the coaster opens.

No reason to fret about this set up at this point IMHO. Once the project is complete in 2021 and they chose to keep the temporary location without modifications then we can come back to this discussion (IMHO, not a mod comment).

No reason to fret about this set up at this point IMHO. Once the project is complete in 2021 and they chose to keep the temporary location without modifications then we can come back to this discussion (IMHO, not a mod comment).
A much larger and impressive Raptor Encounter is still in the works, with an entrance located where the games were. This would be even bigger than the original Raptor Encounter. It may take awhile to build and open because part of the scenery is rumored to contain elements like Owen’s catwalk that may reach over the path and connect the new Raptor Encounter to the coaster area.

tenor.gif

I'd assume that whatever they are doing with the Raptors at USH will be identical to what happens at IOA. Maybe not tied to the JPRA, but in structure and setup.

A much larger and impressive Raptor Encounter is still in the works, with an entrance located where the games were. This would be even bigger than the original Raptor Encounter. It may take awhile to build and open because part of the scenery is rumored to contain elements like Owen’s catwalk that may reach over the path and connect the new Raptor Encounter to the coaster area.
So squeezed between the River Adventure queue and Pizza Predatoria ?

When will we know if the current Jurassic Park land turns into Jurassic World at IOA after the new coaster opens next year or before? This includes if we will see the river adventure updated. I read somewhere in a article I think Alicia was saying the river adventure could go down for refurb and a upgrade to the Jurassic World theme possibly. I forgot where I found the article. But what other new attractions could we see in a transformed Jurassic World land at IOA? Is Pteranodon Flyers safe for now?

When will we know if the current Jurassic Park land turns into Jurassic World at IOA after the new coaster opens next year or before? This includes if we will see the river adventure updated. I read somewhere in a article I think Alicia was saying the river adventure could go down for refurb and a upgrade to the Jurassic World theme possibly. I forgot where I found the article. But what other new attractions could we see in a transformed Jurassic World land at IOA? Is Pteranodon Flyers safe for now?

No one knows, I think it depends on how JW is received at USH this summer.

Pteranodon Flyers is safe for now. If the land changes to Jurassic World it would likely happen in phases, and other than the River Adventure changing, most of the land’s changes would probably be sign changes and some repainting.

Everything related to the coaster will likely be Jurassic World style. That will be the first phase on what may turn into a complete area retheme. (If the ride in Hollywood does well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.