Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll tell you all how it is if I go when I’m in California.

*thumbs up*

So if Jurassic World the ride does well in Hollywood the change could come to the river adventure in Orlando in the future.

Maybe. More complicated than that, but hey it's better than "it was developed for both coasts" like F&F. :)

*thumbs up*

Maybe. More complicated than that, but hey it's better than "it was developed for both coasts" like F&F. :)
It would be interesting if both versions of Jurassic World the ride if indeed the Florida version does get changed will be different a little bit. F&F was different in both Orlando and Hollywood. And Kong was different in Florida & Hollywood.

Am I the only one that doesn't want USH's JW ride to come over to IOA? Not to be the #skreeeeenz guy, but I'm not sure why screens of a illogically placed Mosasaurs tank is better than plussing the already amazing ride that's there.

All JPRA needs is a little TLC. Have LifeFormations do the outdoor dinos, and Creature Dynamics do the indoor dinosaurs. Not much else needs to change though, IMO. I'd be down for the I-Rex v. T-Rex finale, but I'd want them to figure out a way to stagger the boats far enough apart to have a stop just long enough to admire two 20 foot beasts dueling before the drop.

Am I the only one that doesn't want USH's JW ride to come over to IOA? Not to be the #skreeeeenz guy, but I'm not sure why screens of a illogically placed Mosasaurs tank is better than plussing the already amazing ride that's there.

All JPRA needs is a little TLC. Have LifeFormations do the outdoor dinos, and Creature Dynamics do the indoor dinosaurs. Not much else needs to change though, IMO. I'd be down for the I-Rex v. T-Rex finale, but I'd want them to figure out a way to stagger the boats far enough apart to have a stop just long enough to admire two 20 foot beasts dueling before the drop.
It seems like a number of us prefer to have the outside area of Orlando's JPRA stay somewhat similar to what is there now, with the grand opening of the gates and the immersive vista. Hollywood's JPRA is a different beast since it had obvious sight line issues, and the new interior design may be a plus for that version.

I am under the impression that Orlando's JPRA is slated for the redo with it to open simultaneously with the new coaster and other area enhancements like a new permanent Raptor Encounter and some changes to Thunder Falls Terrace (I'm hoping for an outdoor bar on the covered patio). While our JPRA won't close before Hollywood's opens, I don't believe they are waiting to see how it does. More to keep capacity up through this Summer's high season.

Last edited:
I kinda wish they'd have a faux Mosasaurus feeding show of sorts in the Lagoon, with an AA that was more like the Gringotts dragon. The potential is there, and it's likely doable and would simply be something guests can see on their own time as decor of the park.

I don't expect major differences with the JPRA makeover compared to Hollywood, but how would people like to see it handled overall?

I am under the impression that Orlando's JPRA is slated for the redo with it to open simultaneously with the new coaster and other area enhancements like a new permanent Raptor Encounter and some changes to Thunder Falls Terrace (I'm hoping for an outdoor bar on the covered patio). While our JPRA won't close before Hollywood's opens, I don't believe they are waiting to see how it does. More to keep capacity up through this Summer's high season.

I say this with total respect: I really hope that you're wrong!

Or that, at the very least, our redo won't be identical to what's happening in Hollywood.

This is much more in line with what I'd like to see done.

I haven't been on the one in Hollywood, but I love the feel of the outdoor section of ours. I hope it gets nothing but enhancements. Inside is nice too, but could use some more details to add interest. I will say they could sneak in a screen or two in there in a way it wouldn't be so obvious they're screens. But the life sized AAs are what make the ride.

I thought the Explorer was set next to the spinosaurus.
It's been moved to the left of the Discovery Center, on the path that (used to) lead to the waterfront in recent years. The Mercedes, (which was actually seen on Isla Sorna in the films so made more sense) has been with the Spinosaurus more recently.

I find it hard to believe that this is a 2021 addition. It's barely May of 2019, and they're already pouring footers. Most coasters are only a 7-9 month build once the footers start going in - so unless this thing is going to have some crazy theming/show scenes on par with Hagrid I don't see how it's going to take another 24 months to complete. If it does, it'll be a longer build than Hagrid, and they had to demolish two whole roller coasters before they started building that.

I find it hard to believe that this is a 2021 addition. It's barely May of 2019, and they're already pouring footers. Most coasters are only a 7-9 month build once the footers start going in - so unless this thing is going to have some crazy theming/show scenes on par with Hagrid I don't see how it's going to take another 24 months to complete.
Extracting DNA from a mosquito encased in amber is a time consuming process.

I find it hard to believe that this is a 2021 addition. It's barely May of 2019, and they're already pouring footers. Most coasters are only a 7-9 month build once the footers start going in - so unless this thing is going to have some crazy theming/show scenes on par with Hagrid I don't see how it's going to take another 24 months to complete.
Right i just dont understand why this coaster with "light theming" will take this long??:eek:O: unless its just a difficult area to build in or something idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.