Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone posted a picture a while ago of what the JW paint could look like - I think it would look quite dashing, myself.

Agreed. The blue stands out more, certainly. Although with a coaster framing it, it won’t stand out too much.
But honestly, people shouldn’t be curious about the discovery center as it won’t be a massive change one way or the other- even with a complete repainting to blue.

What will change the look more than anything by far is the color of the supports and track. Are they going to try to blend it in more a la Hagrids with brown track/support, or have it stand out in a blue and grey a la Hulk.

That will have a significantly different feel for the land depending on which direction they take. There’s pros and cons for each.

Agreed. The blue stands out more, certainly. Although with a coaster framing it, it won’t stand out too much.
But honestly, people shouldn’t be curious about the discovery center as it won’t be a massive change one way or the other- even with a complete repainting to blue.

What will change the look more than anything by far is the color of the supports and track. Are they going to try to blend it in more a la Hagrids with brown track/support, or have it stand out in a blue and grey a la Hulk.

That will have a significantly different feel for the land depending on which direction they take. There’s pros and cons for each.

If they'd do blue for the tracks that match the to be painted DC, it might actually still blend in a little. That'd be interesting to see.

I'm putting all my money on Universal wanting it to stand out. If they cared about it "blending in" with anything, they wouldn't be designing it to cross right in front of the centerpiece building of the land.

I want to be wrong.

I'm putting all my money on Universal wanting it to stand out. If they cared about it "blending in" with anything, they wouldn't be designing it to cross right in front of the centerpiece building of the land.

I want to be wrong.
White and gray tracks/supports, like the boats in Hollywood now, could actually be pretty bold and different for coaster tracks. I think it could look great, especially set against green foliage.

I just still cant believe a huge intense coaster is coming to jurassic park, its gonna feel so much livelier walking through there, and i know they're going to make it look nice and pretty. Also blue and black would look sharp as well. I guess it depends on the new building color, if there is going to be a new building color.

When it comes to the DC, I only really hope that the interior gets a major revamp. I think it’s probably the worst condition place in any of the parks.

Totally agree with you here. It was in bad condition five years ago when I was there. Never really understood why the discovery center was not more than what it is inside currently.

Would have enjoyed a small theater inside like the Alien version of Stitch's great escape" inside.
After a nice intro with"Mr. DNA where did you come from... from your blood." on a screen. Red lights flash, and suddenly we hear and feel the saliva of a T-rex.
Yes, i know stupid but would love to be in a room where I could get up and close with the breath and saliva of a dinosaur, and you know you can't move bc the T-rex can see movement. seems simple but probably would have been really scary.

I'm betting blue for the building(s). Gray/white for the track and supports.

yes gray and white please. Please no blue tracks. IMO white would blend in so much better with the green foliage and the discovery center.roller-coasters-eye-catching-designs-01.jpg sfgr_spacelyssprocketrockets_600x400_1.jpg blue coaster tracks.jpg

I think the grey and blue colour fad is going as fast it’s came.

Weirdly, the original colours being used in JP are coming back around into fashion, particular copper seems to be the hot new colour trend.

Of course if they go down the Jurassic World route, they need to differentiate the change and a colour change is the easiest way to do it.

Don’t think this would ever happened but how cool would it be if and whenever River Adventure gets updated. We get an indoor queue and inside we get a musion preshow similar to Gringotts where we are sent on some kinda of mission.

So with the cast of JW officially on the Hollywood attraction, what are the chances that they also did additional footage for the coaster? It's a question I figured bringing up, especially if they are wanting to bring Owen for the attraction.

So with the cast of JW officially on the Hollywood attraction, what are the chances that they also did additional footage for the coaster? It's a question I figured bringing up, especially if they are wanting to bring Owen for the attraction.

Interesting thought. They’re all there, so why not.

Although if they redo Florida’s JPRA, then they would just reuse that for JPRA. They likely wouldn’t be in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.