Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the timeline can tell us a ton on the scope. I think it’s more that they’ll be building in the middle of the park, limiting what they can do during the day. Not to mention construction in the lagoon and right by Popeye

Exactly. And even more than those reasons, when they want it to be done. They want 2021 because they need a major IP to try to counter WDWs 50th in some manner.

It’s the same reason Bourne (rumored) isn’t coming out this year.

I don’t think the timeline can tell us a ton on the scope. I think it’s more that they’ll be building in the middle of the park, limiting what they can do during the day. Not to mention construction in the lagoon and right by Popeye
I understand a lot of the reasoning for the timeline, my comment on scope of the project had more to do with the possible Discovery Center overhaul and other upgrades to the area. Makes me wonder if they're lumping all of this together to be finished by the 2021 deadline or if the timeframe is just for the coaster.

I understand a lot of the reasoning for the timeline, my comment on scope of the project had more to do with the possible Discovery Center overhaul and other upgrades to the area. Makes me wonder if they're lumping all of this together to be finished by the 2021 deadline or if the timeframe is just for the coaster.

This permit is almost assuredly just for the coaster. If anything happened to the DC, it would be a separate project number, more than likely

I hope we get our own Isla Nu Bar and it has drinks sold in these...

JP_Mugs_B_04_1024x1024.jpg

t_rex_mug_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing to see this now. looks like the Brazilian rain forest raped by loggers. Never though JP would be filled with hot sunshine beating down on you. Anyway, when it's done it should be a nice addition....But what was REALLY COOL, is the heavy equipment working on the other side of the wall made it sound like loud dino's were feeding and fighting. Pure unintended Dino ambiance. :)...and...I'd guess Universal is certain they can get 24 months of Marketing/publicity/attendance out of Hagrid's coaster/Dark Arts show, so like in 2015 after Diagon opened, they don't need a major new D/E ticket to open in 2020. Something filler, like a Terminator replacement show, is plenty.

Last edited:
Maybe pteredeon flyers will be replaced somewhere down the line by another JW attraction. The thing is the flying Dino’s didn’t play a big part in Jurassic World so far. So maybe keep it the way it is. An updated Jurassic world river adventure ride and the new raptor themed coaster would be your new attractions At the newly themed Jurassic World at IOA. The Arch of course will eventually change to JW.

Maybe pteredeon flyers will be replaced somewhere down the line by another JW attraction. The thing is the flying Dino’s didn’t play a big part in Jurassic World so far. So maybe keep it the way it is. An updated Jurassic world river adventure ride and the new raptor themed coaster would be your new attractions At the newly themed Jurassic World at IOA. The Arch of course will eventually change to JW.
Flying Dino’s didn’t play a large part in JW?!?

image.gif

Hopefully with all the theming going into this thing, the coaster would be pretty quick to put together and the rest of the time would allow for theming and the foliage to all grow in a bit before opening like in HMCMA.

I'm wondering how long the walls are going to be pushed out into the walkway for - anyone have any ideas of the guidelines for that?

I could see once the supports are in place, they'd probably pull them back, but I am not a coaster builder aficionado (as much as I pretend that I am).

I'm wondering how long the walls are going to be pushed out into the walkway for - anyone have any ideas of the guidelines for that?

I could see once the supports are in place, they'd probably pull them back, but I am not a coaster builder aficionado (as much as I pretend that I am).
I think we may need to get used to Jurassic Walls for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.