Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 595 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To allow heavier equipment and large crowds of people to cross it without it falling down. The reports of the old bridge swaying aren't a joke.

So you build it somewhere else, not in the area you'd need the mythical channel. You don't build a temporary bridge in the exact spot you need a permanent bridge. That's just stupid.

Reactions: Joel
So you build it somewhere else, not in the area you'd need the mythical channel. You don't build a temporary bridge in the exact spot you need a permanent bridge. That's just stupid.
Why is it so hard to believe that they'd build a stronger bridge to assist in the beginning stages of construction, and also have something safe for the summer crowds to use in the meantime? It'll go down as quickly and easily as it went up, I assure you.

Where else would they build the bridge?

Reactions: alias8703 and Clive
Why is it so hard to believe that they'd build a stronger bridge to assist in the beginning stages of construction, and also have something safe for the summer crowds to use in the meantime? It'll go down as quickly and easily as it went up, I assure you.

Where else would they build the bridge?

Because that's not how you do things in construction. If they are using it as a platform to drill piers off of, it makes no sense to build that bridge just to tear it down and build one in the same exact spot. You build the final bridge and you don't have to pay to build two bridges, nor waste the time. If they were doing a channel, they'd have to drain that area of the lake regardless, so they wouldn't need the bridge to work off of, nor could they even do that. They have no plans to remove that bridge. Saying differently just is showing you don't know what you are talking about.

Because that's not how you do things in construction. If they are using it as a platform to drill piers off of, it makes no sense to build that bridge just to tear it down and build one in the same exact spot. You build the final bridge and you don't have to pay to build two bridges, nor waste the time. If they were doing a channel, they'd have to drain that area of the lake regardless, so they wouldn't need the bridge to work off of, nor could they even do that. They have no plans to remove that bridge. Saying differently just is showing you don't know what you are talking about.
Triggered much? Ever consider they didn't have time to build the final bridge right now? This thing won't be done until 2021, still plenty of time to do everything they need to.

To allow heavier equipment and large crowds of people to cross it without it falling down. The reports of the old bridge swaying aren't a joke.

I don't think any heavy equipment would need the bridge. I know there's track going around that area but it can be easily moved into position from the surrounding land.

I don't think any heavy equipment would need the bridge. I know there's track going around that area but it can be easily moved into position from the surrounding land.
I'm just rolling on the speculation that the bridge is another temporary bridge. It was posed pages back, while it may not make sense to some, nobody knows what they're talking about on this subject. What I can comment on is roller coasters, and I can tell you emphatically, there won't be two turns that close to each other over the bridge. So if this is the permanent bridge, then the layout we have has changed. Also shame on Universal for building an identical bridge in the same spot and not something better.

I'm just rolling on the speculation that the bridge is another temporary bridge. It was posed pages back, while it may not make sense to some, nobody knows what they're talking about on this subject. What I can comment on is roller coasters, and I can tell you emphatically, there won't be two turns that close to each other over the bridge. So if this is the permanent bridge, then the layout we have has changed. Also shame on Universal for building an identical bridge in the same spot and not something better.
I don’t believe it’s in exactly the same spot though.

The problem with these kind of plans, is that it doesn't account for elevation. The track can easily pass by each other if there is plenty of height between the track, they can even share a support.

I don't think it will be going under the bridge.

Why not build a real bridge instead of a reproduction of what they already had? Was it a time restriction to get it done by summer?

I think with Hagrid opening, people might want to bypass the area or if Hogsmeade hits capacity, it won't stop the flow of traffic around the park.

The finished product might end up 'looking' quite different. What's there can be dressed up once the construction use of the bridge phase is over.
Yea, I’ve said it before, I don’t know the ins and outs of construction, but I have a feeling the new bridge will look very different than the old bridge by the time the coaster opens.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Spec has really died when all we have to talk about is the bridge :yawn:

bucket

Triggered much? Ever consider they didn't have time to build the final bridge right now? This thing won't be done until 2021, still plenty of time to do everything they need to.

If by "triggered" you mean "unwilling to let uneducated trolls spout off about things they clearly know nothing about and let other people who don't know believe they are right", then yes, I'm "triggered"

Status
Not open for further replies.