Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, bold and italicized. Let me try it also:

They demoed the old buildings in April 2016 and it would have been an 11 month turnaround to get the ride up and running which they never were going to do.

11 months to build that ride simply wasn't going to happen at the same time they had Fallon, Hulk, VB, Sapphire, and Cabana Bay going on.

You’re right. What do I know?
Or, it's a different property and they're doing something different this time around with a movie release and attraction tie in

It's an Intamin so 2021 is being generous. The ride will be "finished" in 2020 but "ready" to ride in 2022.

85CD23C2-93D4-4BB1-8D52-DB401EE67948.gif

To throw a wild idea out there. Let’s say that Jurassic World bombs at USH (Which I highly doubt) and Universal decide not to copy it to IOA, then maybe I could see a 2020 opening on the basis that they’re planning to open the coaster and JPRA revamp at the same time.

Feeling the heat in here

Look, Dustin, you can't stop the feeling. So just dance dance dance...
2b602feb08de892c0ef476d753a5ba9f77f3f225_hq.gif

In all seriousness though, I love @Brian G. and all is good. He's my hero.

---

To bring it back around, this is a big day w/ tracks on the land. Let's get back to complaining about the color. :grin:

You’re right. Fallon was going to open around November of 2016 and F&F was spring 2017. Then the building issues popped up and Fallon was pushed to the Spring spot.

But you don’t know anything. pal.
Sigh... Jimmy Fallon announced that his ride was opening in 2017 in October of 2015... 6 months before they demoed Disaster!

But other than that, you're exactly right.

:yawn:

Wasn't expecting the black track (could be charcoal gray or very navy blue idk doubt it) but I'm loving the double spine !! :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't expecting the black track (could be charcoal gray or very navy blue idk doubt it) but I'm loving the double spine !! :drool:
I was expecting dark gray, but this looks pretty black to me. Wonder if it was just cheaper to get black since they already manufacturer it for other rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.