Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 618 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, that top hat section is going to hold me back from riding this, I just know it! Do we think it's going to be a very steep top hat or something a more gradual?

With the double spine resulting in less supports idea. Each piece of track seems to have one support connection, some with none, is this less than normal?

Reactions: Andysol

With the double spine resulting in less supports idea. Each piece of track seems to have one support connection, some with none, is this less than normal?

Pretty much normal for double spine. If you compare it to the flat track on the first section on Hagrid, that has 2-4 supports per track piece. The 3 tube on that tends to have around one support per piece or less.

Pretty much normal for double spine. If you compare it to the flat track on the first section on Hagrid, that has 2-4 supports per track piece. The 3 tube on that tends to have around one support per piece or less.

So about half the supports are needed for that type of track?

So about half the supports are needed for that type of track?
Yep, unless it's a very high stress section. Sometimes they'll use the double spine only for sections that are high up off the ground since tall supports are more expensive than making more reinforced track. This track style has many more factors for which strength they use, while the style they used for Taron has one type for the whole layout basically.

Yep, unless it's a very high stress section. Sometimes they'll use the double spine only for sections that are high up off the ground since tall supports are more expensive than making more reinforced track. This track style has many more factors for which strength they use, while the style they used for Taron has one type for the whole layout basically.

This is why I love this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.