Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 627 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like JPRA wasn't a beat-for-beat remake of JPTR, I feel like what we're in for should we get a re-skin will be similar.
I agree.

Personally, I think the Orlando version should include a lengthy pre-show which welcomes you into their "family." And the ride vehicle should be a party boat, which is meant to bring you to an awesome party but something goes terribly wrong.

I think it's conceptually lazy for how long and big it is. The splash and cracking glass is neat, but the rest just looks really dull.
On top of that, the placement on the ride makes little to no sense. If they added more rock structure in the video for the last screen on the left, it'd be a little more believable that this aquarium is right by the stegosaur/cave area. Anything can happen on the right side screens, but the left-hand side is hampered by the fact that this aquarium technically overlaps with where we just loaded onto the boat. I'm all for escapism, but I can't shut my nitpicky brain off that much. The lagoon felt way more believable, even with 20+ year old animatronics.

caution-you-may-get-wet-laser-die-cut-50.jpg
My basement doesn't flood for Chris Pratt, let alone an AA of him...

Reactions: Joel
The other thing about the aquarium is that it doesn't really feel like the beginning of a ride. It feels like a segment that just happens to come first, if that makes any sense. The original lagoon scene -- whether you think it was effective or not -- was designed to be a "WOW" introductory moment and set the tone for the ride.

Which, again, is why I think a slightly truncated version of the aquarium would work much better deeper into the ride storyline.

My thoughts are the ride would be perfect if they instead put the aquarium scene in predator cove and left the first scene with updated AA. The story would also flow better of things starting to go wrong this way.

Yea. Put the aquarium in the predator cove scene. Have the mosasaur eat the shark, splash the boat, then we get the "I-Rex has escaped!" message over the comms. The pteradons start dive-bombing into the Mosasaur tank, causing it to go ballistic and smash into the glass.

I would be fine with the EPIC Mosasaur Screenz Tunnel©™ if it were built on the main path into Jurassic Park from Hogsmeade, especially because a sight-line issue present since the construction of Forbidden Journey could finally be fixed (at least from that angle). The problem with building it like this would be the crowd flow into/out of Hogsmeade.
upload_2019-7-15_11-35-43.png

I would be fine with the EPIC Mosasaur Screenz Tunnel©™ if it were built on the main path into Jurassic Park from Hogsmeade, especially because a sight-line issue present since the construction of Forbidden Journey could finally be fixed (at least from that angle). The problem with building it like this would be the crowd flow into/out of Hogsmeade.
View attachment 10165
This is a pretty decent idea. A walk up aquarium window/photo op. Kinda like a tongue in cheek reference to SeaWorld and the like, and a great way to fix the bad sightlines in that area. Not too concerned about the crowd flow in that area, as the flow is already pretty bad, and the other bridge should be permanently opened after the coaster opens.

View attachment 10165

Yes yes yes yes YES I absolutely LOVE this idea!

Reactions: Andysol
If they move the scene to the turn before the lift, you’ll have more area on the curved edges to still give the size and scale while taking up a far smaller part of the ride.

Maybe? IDK.

The dino takes up about a window's worth, so to have just 2 windows on each side may still impact it.

A one for one transplant of the scene from the beginning of the ride to predator cove won't work as the work necessary to set up the T-Rex/I-Rex encounter needs to happen.

My idea is to mostly keep the Predator Cove section up until the dropping box in JPRA, at that point the Monosaur scene begins and goes to the lift. We can see the damage the I-Rex did plus the Monosaur could be wound up after seeing the I-Rex.

A one for one transplant of the scene from the beginning of the ride to predator cove won't work as the work necessary to set up the T-Rex/I-Rex encounter needs to happen.

My idea is to mostly keep the Predator Cove section up until the dropping box in JPRA, at that point the Monosaur scene begins and goes to the lift. We can see the damage the I-Rex did plus the Monosaur could be wound up after seeing the I-Rex.

You could even give the "glass" of the aquarium some slash marks, as if the Indominus has rampaged through there right before us, which would also better sell how easily the Mosasaurus is able to fully crack it and spray the boat (the integrity has already been weakened by the Indominus).

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.