Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 638 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody know if theyre going to rebuild the discovery center as the new jurassic world one?
Jurassic1_Main.jpg

That is so fugly! I think we need to put the current DC on the national historic register so that such a travesty can never happen.

what??? that building looks great. it would definitely slip into the atmosphere of islands of adventure
Fun fact: The Samsung Innovation Center was designed to mimic the look of the volcano on Isla Nublar that they eventually ended up cutting out of the first Jurassic World film—which was clearly a mistake since showing it at least once would have been a nice setup for the events of the next movie.

Ok, was the claim of fastest multi launch coaster considered before the announcement of Pantheon which will be the fastest in north america? Wait, was the claim fastest in the world or north america?

Ok, was the claim of fastest multi launch coaster considered before the announcement of Pantheon which will be the fastest in north america? Wait, was the claim fastest in the world or north america?
Pantheon will get to have the title for a year before Velocicoaster allegedly takes it away.

Anyone think maybe the reason the track and supports are all black because maybe Universal hasn't decided if they are going to have JP become JW yet and an all black track can play neutral?

Anyone think maybe the reason the track and supports are all black because maybe Universal hasn't decided if they are going to have JP become JW yet and an all black track can play neutral?
I wouldn't expect them to paint it on site, as that usually happens at the factory. The most likely reason for the black/black look would be to blend it into shadows or rockwork.

does anybody know if theyre going to rebuild the discovery center as the new jurassic world one?
Jurassic1_Main.jpg
I’d much rather have those mountains.

IOA's Jurassic Park/World is on Isla Aventura, not Isla Nublar.
That could change tomorrow and no one would even know.
The whole “Isla Aventura” thing came out in 1998 and hasn’t really ever been mentioned since. Every map iteration has simply said “Jurassic Park”.

To 99.99% of everyone (including me), it’s Jurassic Park. The whole Isla Aventura thing just seems lazy and feels very 1998 universal.
I’ve never really took stock in it. Especially post-Potter Universal.

I’d much rather have those mountains.

That could change tomorrow and no one would even know.
The whole “Isla Aventura” thing came out in 1998 and hasn’t really ever been mentioned since. Every map iteration has simply said “Jurassic Park”.

To 99.99% of everyone (including me), it’s Jurassic Park. The whole Isla Aventura thing just seems lazy and feels very 1998 universal.
I’ve never really took stock in it. Especially post-Potter Universal.
What does the model of the "island" say at the entrance to the queue for River Adventure?

Status
Not open for further replies.