Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it at Hollywood before the redo? Genuinely asking, I've never been.
I’m 95% sure it was never Isla Aventura, just “Jurassic park” in the upper lot. But I could be wrong as there was nothing I could find online to confirm.

Oh I don't disagree, I was just wondering what the model says.
I don’t know. I was assuming it said “Isla Aventura” because of your response. :lol:

Edit: your video is the only one I found that shows the model but I don’t see anything.

In a full video of the TV clip, they say “Isla Sorna” Which was the 2nd park.

Where the hell are we?!? :lmao:

Last edited:
I think the idea in Hollywood might have been that Universal leased that area to John Hammond of for Jurassic Park the Ride

Since this was (supposedly) going to be the announcement we got 2 weeks ago, I'm thinking the announcement of this has been pushed back to after HHN. If not after Bourne gets an announcement. Wouldn't be surprised if spring next year is when we hear about this one. Likely would be getting a teaser for JW 3 as well near that point.

Although I'm curious if anyone has inside knowledge of this. Does Universal care if their coaster has gone vertical and can be clearly seen from IOA, without having announced it yet? Id assume some track goes vertical by the end of this year. Just didn't know their thought process with this stuff.

Since this was (supposedly) going to be the announcement we got 2 weeks ago, I'm thinking the announcement of this has been pushed back to after HHN. If not after Bourne gets an announcement. Wouldn't be surprised if spring next year is when we hear about this one. Likely would be getting a teaser for JW 3 as well near that point.

Although I'm curious if anyone has inside knowledge of this. Does Universal care if their coaster has gone vertical and can be clearly seen from IOA, without having announced it yet? Id assume some track goes vertical by the end of this year. Just didn't know their thought process with this stuff.
Well considering Hagrids was nearly done about the time they announced it I guess you can say we won’t be getting an announcement anytime soon.

Does Universal care if their coaster has gone vertical and can be clearly seen from IOA, without having announced it yet?

Ha. No, they don't care.

Well considering Hagrids was nearly done about the time they announced I guess we can have we won’t be getting an announcement anytime soon.

This is a fallacy. They announced Dragon Challenge would be replaced with a highly themed roller coaster before it closed.

It wasn’t to be announced two weeks ago.

This is a fallacy. They announced Dragon Challenge would be replaced with a highly themed roller coaster before it closed.
They also did this with T2 but didn't say Bourne. However they had to say "to be replaced" because it dampens the harm done by closing an attraction.

But they closed no attractions for the JP Coaster, thus no announcement (yet). (Note that Triceratops Encounter had been closed since 2010.) The fallacy is relating JP Coaster to any other attraction which is considered a direct replacement to another attraction.

I think this will follow the same announcement schedule as Skull Island, which also replaced nothing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect them to paint it on site, as that usually happens at the factory. The most likely reason for the black/black look would be to blend it into shadows or rockwork.
Well thats kind of my point. Maybe they chose black and black from the factory on purpose instead of say White, Blue, Silver, Black for JW or a Red, Yellow, Black scheme for JP because they arent sure yet if JP will become JW

Well thats kind of my point. Maybe they chose black and black from the factory on purpose instead of say White, Blue, Silver, Black for JW or a Red, Yellow, Black scheme for JP because they arent sure yet if JP will become JW
I would assume with the rumored name and storyline concept/theme of this coaster, the switch to JW is imminent. I dont think the park would plan to try to combine the two within the park. It would make more sense for them to transition over, especially due to the fact JPRA is due for an overhaul regardless.

I would assume with the rumored name and storyline concept/theme of this coaster, the switch to JW is imminent. I dont think the park would plan to try to combine the two within the park. It would make more sense for them to transition over, especially due to the fact JPRA is due for an overhaul regardless.
Exactly there is really no point in the land staying JP in my opinion.

Do any of insiders know if a full land refresh is in the works because I feel like it is ?

Edit: I hate double posting

It’ll retheme to Jurassic world because they’d be stupid not to. I’m surprised there’s not more activity in this thread considering how huge this project is. Anybody have concrete stats yet on height and speed?
High. And fast!

And personally, I’m starting to second guess the Jurassic World thing. What if, they actually leave it Jurassic Park? That way, unlike something like Galaxy’s Edge, where it’s the same on both coasts, Universal parks actually have different offerings. Crazy notion I know. But, something I feel like they might be considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.