1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Jurassic Park Expansion/New Coaster

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by insanepizzaguy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

No one wants the timeshares either (or credit card booths). Luckily, they aren't mutually exclusive and we can have neither. Rejoice!

Simply put, they're tacky. They work in the Simpsons area perfectly, because that entire area is intentionally tacky. In the best way. They would be perfect in a Super Silly funland area also.
    JP? Strong disagreement there.

allaboutthatchase and RFRees like this.
  2. RFRees

RFRees Member

If they upped the tackiness with retheming to JW then I think they could better fit. But as of now I agree with you.

On the other hand, I do prefer the games over the walls. Vacation club could get walled off and I'd be happy.

Andysol likes this.
  3. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    That is kind of what I was asking, but I try not to pester @Alicia (or other insiders) too much with follow-ups and clarifications when she's gracious enough to respond with what she's been hearing!

For me, it's really less of a concern about seeing the coaster and more a concern about how much of the rest of the park we'll be able to see from those paths and how much less remote and isolated the land might feel after all this. I liked the wall of tall greenery filling our field of vision along those paths. Really helped sell the illusion that we were on an island. I want to feel closed-off when walking around in there.

Dhdhddh, therock, Alicia and 2 others like this.
  4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

My feelings exactly. :thumbsup:

5. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

It’ll be very jungley behind those fences, so should go back to feeling closed in on the path in front of River Adventure like it used to, only, now with some bits of coaster visible through the trees. It’s crazy that we can see clear through to Toon Lagoon from inside JP now, but that’s only temporary thankfully.

6. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly Rookie

Don’t think anyone has posted these in here yet, seems like they’re making decent progress. Anyone able to elaborate?

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  7. lowbudget

lowbudget Newcomer

Steel sheet piles, either used permanently as a soil hold back, or could just be used as a temporary construction measure for a deep excavation.

8. Joel

Joel Premium Member

I think trench boxes would be used for temporary construction measure, these are permanent

Disneyhead likes this.
  9. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

If you zoom in, you can see that the raft ride pumping pond is near completely drained. We always knew there was a kind of wall there even though the water was level with the lagoon.. but now we can see it.

Dhdhddh, JoeCamel, Joel and 2 others like this.
  10. lowbudget

lowbudget Newcomer

Trench boxes are only good for linear excavtions. Larger excavations say for elevator pits, large raft foundations and other deep items are typically done using sheet piles. The sheets also do a good job of slowing down groundwater intrusion while a trenchbox wont. Being this close to the lake I can see where this would be an issue.

Or as you say it could be permanent. Without seeing plans no way to tell at the moment.

JoeCamel, Joel and Joe like this.
  11. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Mercy, look at the large building they have installed in front of the DC! No wonder they covered the windows. Sinful.

SukaVayne73, Mad Dog and Disneyhead like this.
  12. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newcomer

Definitely hope these aren't permanent. I expected the themed Jurassic Park electrified fencing.

13. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

You talking about the work trailer?

I don’t believe there will be any electric fences in front of the Discovery Center along the waterfront. They’ll be mostly along the walkway across from Pizza Predattoria and River Adventure.

Andysol likes this.
  14. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newcomer

Ok, that soundss fine. As long as they're not too visible, I'm good.

15. Joel

Joel Premium Member

they're definitely permanent, but they won't be visible.

16. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

I'm... I'm sorry, what are we worried about exactly? A steel wall? It can't be that bad. Especially in a land where you could probably make temporary construction stuff act as theming and nobody could tell the difference.

Seriously, how is "Blue Iron" not the name of an evil company in Jurassic World 3? Either that or it's a protein shake for raptors.

MrBlonde likes this.
  17. Joel

Joel Premium Member

Not worried, just commenting on construction. Those will not be visible in the end.

IAmFloridaBorn and Mad Dog like this.