Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaaaaaaanyways. :whistle:

Sure looks like they're digging to Beijing based on Bio's last few updates. Still crazy to me to see that much land moving happening in that one area.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread already (I searched and couldn't find it), but the Jurassic World Live Tour is coming to Orlando (Amway, Jan 2020). Tickets range from $18 for nose bleed to $30 for decent seats (maybe pricier for premium or if demand increases).

The reviews seemed good, though some families complained about person to person violence (as opposed to dinosaurs decapitating people as if that's any better).
I was considering going but then I thought about all the crying children and decided against it.

Anyway, it would be cool to get some more costumes and puppeteering like this at Universal for a show... Whether that be Jurassic World or otherwise (HTTYD, Pokemon, etc).

The retaining walls are significant and they still have pilings going in.

While it wasn’t clear in the beginning, it’s clear now that this project has much more foundational work than normal or a coaster like Hagrid.
Yup. Hagrid was built where a coaster already was. This one is going on new ground, and if what I’ve heard is true, some parts of that part of the park are, um, squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.