Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 654 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alicia had an incredible update here with some good info

Regarding this pic:
13-graphic.jpg

So it appears the walkway will follow a similar path as the previous one, but do we expect them to make any significant changes to the front or facade of the Discovery Center?
01.jpg

As you can see, one they finish Raptor encounter and plumbing/electrical, which I would assume is the #1 priority right now, then they'll be able to lay the new walkway and bring a sense of normalcy back to the land. At that time, they could easily reroute just to the left of the DC and fence that area off and start working on that facade as well, if needed.
I don't believe there will be much, if any, changes made to the backside of the Discovery Center (where Burger Digs entry is located), at least not at this time.

My 2nd question is, are we expecting a paddock fence down the entire side of the "Roller Coaster Site" in green on the bottom of the yellow pathway? They'd be crazy not to have that...
Pretty much, yea. :grin:

I don't believe there will be much, if any, changes made to the backside of the Discovery Center (where Burger Digs entry is located), at least not at this time.

If they don't shut the DC down and completely redo the inside to open alongside the coaster, it will be a major opportunity lost.

Make burger digs not be generic and be a Table Service restaurant that overlooks the coaster with the wall of windows. Add a Bar. Update the downstairs. Take our money.

If they don't shut the DC down and completely redo the inside to open alongside the coaster, it will be a major opportunity lost.

Make burger digs not be generic and be a Table Service restaurant that overlooks the coaster with the wall of windows. Add a Bar. Update the downstairs. Take our money.
Replacements for most of the downstairs exhibits is all I am expecting.

Replacements for most of the downstairs exhibits is all I am expecting.
That's halfway there, but the dumber of the two upgrades.

And my dumber, I mean it won't bring in revenue whereas a bar and restaurant absolutely would. JP is simply a terrible land for dining. Which isn't much of an issue if it was Marvel and right next to Citywalk, but this is in the back of the park. Between Pizza Pred, Burger Digs and Thunder Falls; it's the definition of mediocre "amusement park food".

One of those should be Table Service or at least a uniquely themed QS restaurant for the back of the park which is far from Citywalk. Thunder Falls turning into a well themed Kong QS and Burger Digs turning into a TS would be my dream. But any combination would work.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
That's halfway there, but the dumber of the two upgrades.

And my dumber, I mean it won't bring in revenue whereas a bar and restaurant absolutely would. JP is simply a terrible land for dining. Which isn't much of an issue if it was Marvel and right next to Citywalk, but this is in the back of the park. Between Pizza Pred, Burger Digs and Thunder Falls; it's the definition of mediocre "amusement park food".

One of those should be Table Service or at least a uniquely themed QS restaurant for the back of the park which is far from Citywalk. Thunder Falls turning into a well themed Kong QS and Burger Digs turning into a TS would be my dream. But any combination would work.
I disagree that all of it is mediocre, because Thunder Falls is definitely not your typical theme park fare. It's some of the best quick service food at the resort in my opinion.

And if there's anywhere to update, it would be to transform the Watering Hole into Isla NuBar.

I disagree that all of it is mediocre, because Thunder Falls is definitely not your typical theme park fare. It's some of the best quick service food at the resort in my opinion.

And if there's anywhere to update, it would be to transform the Watering Hole into Isla NuBar.

The watering hole is a pretty dismal place.

The Ribs are pretty good at Thunder Falls, but you could get the same ribs 1 minute away in Hogsmeade and be in a restaurant that is much better theming.
Although I could see the argument that that's a benefit because the crowds aren't the chaotic mess that you experience at Three Broomsticks.

If nothing else, I wish they'd give it less of a cafeteria look. Burger Digs is the most egregious of the restaurants to me. It's in the iconic Discovery Center and I'd rather have Burger King.

Status
Not open for further replies.