Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only issue is the top hat but that's the price for a coaster of this calibre and it's 100% justified. You can't have a thrilling tall coaster without it being tall.

With all the talk of rock work, I'm really hoping for some low to the ground fun. It enhances the speed and is visually pleasing. Now throw a few dinos in there and baby, we got a stew going.

Look at this part of Cheetah Hunt as a prime example:

Without the rockwork, this is nothing all that special but with it, it's an excellent part of the coaster.

Oh if this is anything like cheetah hunt at ALL take back every word I said earlier about not being as excited for this as I am the JW Beijing coaster. I will always stand by saying Cheetah Hunt is my favorite outdoor coaster I’ve ever ridden, and this is one of the best parts.

But basing the aesthetic off of a (terrible) photoshop not in scale and different color w/o trees or surrounding environments isn’t fair. Let’s wait until it’s actually built and landscaped to make judgement. It might be an eyesore (DC) or it might fit great (Hulk).
At the very least, wait until the concept art so we can see the rock work and trees.

I think that's a very fair and very healthy perspective. I freely admit my knee-jerk reaction every time I see an update in here is akin to this...
tumblr_oit9izHB6Z1rfd7lko1_400.gif

... but I'm really trying to keep as open a mind as I possibly can, and to consciously stop myself from overreacting. I know Universal is not going to intentionally try to make something unappealing, and I also know that things I might consider to be an eyesores others might consider to be stunning and attractive.

We're all looking for different things, and I think that's a testament to the diversity of the theme park fan community. At the end of the day, I just want Jurassic Park to continue to be a place I can enjoy soaking up the atmosphere of.

A prominent parks Youtuber I shan't name so as to save them any potential trouble showed me the leaked layout which is basically identical to the one that Alicia has, but had the addition of a rendering of the JP/JW waterfront with the coaster in place. IIRC it looked a little more like this:
Untitled.png

Photo creds to both @shiekra38 for the 'shop and @RollermanDan for the photowork.
This is all I got haha

EJMYJeMXUAATJmN (1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.